Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Sqlplus running too long
Sqlplus running too long [message #269873] Mon, 24 September 2007 23:37 Go to next message
nashrul
From inside sqlplus, I run stored proecedure located on a remote machine from my local shell (windows). When the stored proc ran, it took so long, so I thougt the application hung. so i decided to close the shell windows.
What is the effect when i closed the shell windows while the stored proc was still running ??
Is that OK if I run the stored proc again ??
Thanks
Re: Sqlplus running too long [message #269875 is a reply to message #269873] Mon, 24 September 2007 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>What is the effect when i closed the shell windows while the stored proc was still running ??

If you don't know the answer, why do you expect us to know?
We have no idea what your procedure does or is supposed to do.

>Is that OK if I run the stored proc again ??
Why should it behave any different or better the 2nd time?

Please read & follow the posting guidelines as stated in the #1 Sticky post found at the very top of this forum.
Re: Sqlplus running too long [message #269888 is a reply to message #269873] Tue, 25 September 2007 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Quote:
Is that OK if I run the stored proc again ??

Ok and now don't abnormally quits the session. Check v$lock,v$session_wait.
Re: Sqlplus running too long [message #269889 is a reply to message #269873] Tue, 25 September 2007 00:46 Go to previous message
suresh_oradba
Stored procedure might still be running as you have executed the procedure already. check from v$session and V$sql whether the process is still running. on remote machine, you can use O/S commands to check the process.
Previous Topic: creating triggers for system generated views
Next Topic: Execute dbms_scheduler.enable from variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 09:12:11 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15908 seconds