Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Need oracle utilities and pl/sql packags for converting .CSV files as ZIP file and send as a mail.
icon5.gif  Need oracle utilities and pl/sql packags for converting .CSV files as ZIP file and send as a mail. [message #265912] Fri, 07 September 2007 17:29 Go to next message
ramprasad
Hi,

I need a bit help for proceeding further.

I have a developed a package which will write set of records
retrived by cursor to .CSV file and use to send a mail to user.

But, now i want to zip all these .CSV files and send a mail to across to the requested user.

Kindly guide me.

I am using Oracle Version : 9.2.0.7.0

Regards,
Ram.

I have a additional requirement to zip all the .csv files which i have developed using pl/sql packags.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 September 2007 17:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need oracle utilities and pl/sql packags for converting .CSV files as ZIP file and send as a mai [message #265914 is a reply to message #265912] Fri, 07 September 2007 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>But, now i want to zip all these .CSV files and send a mail to across to the requested user.
Which has NOTHING to do with Oracle & is TOTALLY Operating System dependent AND
you did NOT provide that information as directed by the STICKY post at the top of this forum.

Besides I fail to understand what this request has to do with SQL; let alone requiring an expert.

You're On Your Own (YOYO)!

P.S.
There have been numerous previous posts asking about emailing from PL/SQL, but you decided not to bother searching this forum before posting this FAQ.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 September 2007 17:52] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need oracle utilities and pl/sql packags for converting .CSV files as ZIP file and send as a mai [message #265931 is a reply to message #265912] Sat, 08 September 2007 00:34 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Search on AskTom, this question has been tackled.
In summary, you have to search for a Java class that does the trick and include it in Oracle database.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: get job_id in running job (dbms_job)
Next Topic: combining output of two cursors.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 06:48:00 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11353 seconds