|Re: Manufacturing (OM, PO & INV) FAQ's - Functional. [message #275114 is a reply to message #265796]
||Thu, 18 October 2007 06:26
Registered: June 2006
Location: chennai / Hyderabad
1. The information setup in the Purchasing Options form is not defaulting on to my purchase order.
2. Why is my Purchase Order closing before a receipt is processed?
3. When creating a Requisition or Purchase Order I am unable to see my items.
4. When querying Requisitions the order in which they are returned is not in sequential order.
5. The Line Type value does not default or update the category if the Line type is changed from the initial defaulted value.
6. Cannot enter the Receiving Options form. Receive the error: 'No organizations Currently Defined'.
7. Receiving the following error when you save a new Requisition APP-14142 get_po_parameters-10: ora-01403: no data found
Cause: A SQL error has occurred in get_po_parameter @lsql_err
8. Create a Purchase Order. Input the Header and Line information and find that the Shipments button at the bottom of the form is grayed out.
9. Accessing the Purchase Order entry screen and getting the error: APP-14142 GET_WINDOW_ORG_SOB 040 ORA-1403 No Data Found.
10. Invoice Matching setting in POXPOEPO does not default to the setting in Purchasing Options form.
11. What are Reminder notifications?
12. How do you setup the timeout feature?
13. Any prerequisite for timeout to work?
14. How do you generate the notifications for the documents that need to be started up in approval yet?
15. What are the other types of reminders that the notifications can be sent for?
16. Are the documents automatically forwarded to the next approver in the hierarchy when an approver does not respond to the reminder notifications?
17. Why the Send notifications for Purchasing documents program generates ‘Acceptance past due’ notifications when purchase orders have already been accepted?
18. Does the Send notifications for Purchasing documents program generates a notification to the preparer indicating a specific action to take?
19. Why doesn't cancel PO automatically cancel assigned requisition, even when the checkbox 'Cancel requisition' is checked?
20. Why do I get an APP-14056 error when canceling a PO shipment that has been matched?
21. Why doesn't 'Canceling of Standard PO' change the status of the document? The Status stays in value 'Approved'.
22. Can I automatically 'Close' the Purchase order without receiving full quantity?
23. When does a Purchase Order line get Closure Status 'Closed for Receiving'?
24. When does a Purchase order get Closure Status 'Closed'?
25. What is the difference between the control actions 'On Hold' and 'Freeze' for a Purchase order?
26. What are the different document statuses/actions used in Oracle Purchasing?
27. What are the quantity checks done for cancellation of PO?
28. What are need to be tried If USER_EXIT error is raised when 'Canceling'?
29. Why Closed Code is set to 'I' when Cancellation failed with user exit error?
30. Is there anyway I can revert back the document if a Purchase Order/Requisition is cancelled accidentally?
31. Can I Receive a shipment even when it is "Closed for Receiving"?
32. Can a Closed / Finally Closed Purchase Order be reopened?
33. Can I match an Invoice against a line even when it is "Closed for Invoicing"?
34. What are the valid Statuses/Actions for Requisitions?
35. Will end-dating a position with approval authority have no affect on the employees who are tied to that position in terms of their ability to approve?
36. What impact, therefore, would end-dating a position have? The customer knows that in HR they cannot assign employees to end-dated positions.
37. What does the status 'INVALID' do to the position?
38. The errors in the log file of the Fill Employee Hierarchy report are a result of employees not being tied to a position. In the hierarchy, won't there be positions with no Employees tied to them from time to time? Does it mean that the customer has to disassociate the employees from the end-dated positions manually? Wouldn't this cause this type of error?
39. What are the actions for which we need to run the Fill Employee Hierarchy process?
40. Why does the Fill Employee Hierarchy report take a long time to complete?
41. Is the PO_EMPLOYEE_HIERARCHIES_ALL table defined at the operating unit level or at the Business Group level?
42. What are the different authorization_status can a requisition have
43. Can an approved requisition be viewed in the Requisition form?
44. Can an approved requisition be revised?
45. Why is there no list of values for items in the requisition form after they have been defined in the item master?
46. Is the Supplier item field a validated field?
47. How can you have specific Requestor defaulted on Requisition form?
48. Can I change the item number in requisition lines after saving the record?
49. What all control actions I can perform on a requisition through Document Control Window?
50. What is the authorization_status of a requisition after Finally closing it?
51. Can I cancel or finally close any requisition from Document Control Window?
52. What happens if the requisition cancelled of finally closed through Document Control Window and encumbrance is on?
53. How can I confirm that my requisition has sufficient funds?
54. How can I find out, which all requisition lines have went into purchase order?
55. What does the status Pre-Approved mean, and how does a document reach this status?
56. When you try to 'Save' a requisition, the following message appears: PO_ALL_POSTING_NA
57. While forwarding requisition for approval, error APP-14056:User exit po find_forward returned error.
58. Unable to enter Project information on the Distribution line of a Requisition.
59. When a requisition is autocreated to a purchase order, supplier information is not populated in the purchase order header.
60. The system does not allow you to change the Price and / or quantity of an approved Requisition line before AutoCreating a Purchase Order
61. Cannot find a Document in the Notifications form which has been forwarded by an intermediate Approver
62. You are allowed to update 'Destination Type' from 'Inventory' to 'Expense' in the requisition form.
63. Clicking on the LOV to select an employee to forward the document gives error:FRM-41830: List Of Values contains no entries
64. The requisition can be saved without the need-by date field being populated.
65. In the Enter Purchase Order form and in the Enter Requisitions form, the List of Values in the Items field is not retrieving some of the items
66. The items with destination type as Inventory have the destination type as Expense defaulting in the Enter Requisitions form.
67. How do you generate a PO that includes tax and freight?
68. How do you reflect discount from a supplier on a Purchase orders?
69. What is 2-way, 3-way, 4-way matching? How is this set-up?
70. Where are standard notes?
71. What is the difference between the agreed amount and the amount limit fields while entering a contract purchase agreement and issues related to these fields?
72. You are unable to view the PO from the Invoice Match window. It gives an error: APP-14122: NO RECORDS MEET YOUR SEARCH CRITERIA?
73. What is the difference between PO_LINE_ID and LINE_NUM in the table PO_LINES_ALL?
74. What's the difference between the due date and close date on the RFQ?
75. When does a Purchase Order line get the closure status of 'Closed for Receiving'?
76. When does a Purchase order get the status of 'Closed'?
77. What is the use of list price and market price on Purchase Order?
78. What is the significance of the fields 'Allow Price override' and 'Price limit'?
79. What is the difference between the control actions 'On Hold' and 'Freeze' for a Purchase order?
80. What is the difference between the Field 'Firm' in the 'Terms and Conditions' window and in the alternate region 'more' in the PO shipments?
81. Unable to open the Purchase Orders form due to error: You are not setup as an employee.
82. How do I change the Supplier on a saved or approved PO?
83. I have accidentally cancelled a PO. How can I retrieve it back?
84. Can I setup a different Purchase Order type default for the PO form?
85. The Item is setup in the item master but is missing from the item List of Values.
86. How do you change the unit price on a PO line once the line has been received or invoiced?
87. Can the original Purchase Order can be viewed in any way, for a revised Purchase Order?
88. Where is the automatic numbering for Purchase Orders defined and maintained?
89. Why is my Purchase Order closing before a receipt is processed?
90. Create a Purchase Order. Input the Header and Line information and find that the Shipments button at the bottom of the form is grayed out.
91. Accessing the Purchase Order entry screen and getting the error: APP-14142 GET_WINDOW_ORG_SOB 040 ORA-1403 No Data Found.
92. When I enter a new PO, the Preparer is always defaulted as the buyer. Why am I unable to change it?
93. Why is there no category displayed or list of values for the category field in the purchase order you are creating?
94. .I have enabled PO_LINES DFF with a context field capital_expense_flag as reference. I get APP-FND-00676 error in Enter Quotations form.