Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Logon trigger on schema
Logon trigger on schema [message #265649] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:04 Go to next message
raksora
Hello...
Iam new to pl/sql..
i have different schemas in my database by name tbo_unv,dbo_unv,pbo_unv...i have to write a logon trigger for pbo_unv restricting the users to use this schema.

can anybody give out a suggestion on how to implement triggers on schemas???/

Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #265651 is a reply to message #265649] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Don't.

If you don't know what you are doing, don't start with event triggers.
What exactly do you try to achieve.
What does "restrict the user to use this schema" mean? Does it mean he may not use other schemas or do you want to restrict the times of day he can login, or the terminal from where he logs in?
Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #265654 is a reply to message #265651] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raksora
thanks for the reply..

'Restrict the user from using the particular schema ..the session should terminate if he tries to login in to that particular schema .He can login to other schemas......
thanks
Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #265655 is a reply to message #265654] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Keep the password secret?
Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #265657 is a reply to message #265649] Thu, 06 September 2007 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
You have a policy/procedure problem.
If folks are not supposed to access specific schemas, why to they have username/passwords to gain access?

Write a corporate policy that anyone caught violating security procedures will be summarily terminated.

I am willing to bet you, that any "trigger" you devise/implement I'll find a way to work around it & gain access to the data.
Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #266369 is a reply to message #265657] Mon, 10 September 2007 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
diku
Also, won't it be a better idea NOT to grant specified privileges to those particular USERS. May be you can restrict them at the ROLE level.

But, well if I were you, I'd follow ANACEDENT's words like a bible. Why does someone who does NOT need access have access in the first place?
Quote:
Write a corporate policy that anyone caught violating security procedures will be summarily terminated.

I am willing to bet you, that any "trigger" you devise/implement I'll find a way to work around it & gain access to the data.

BTW, wont finding crooked and devious means to access privileged data violate Corporate policy?(and of course make a total jackass out of the developer who devised the system) Laughing Laughing
Re: Logon trigger on schema [message #266372 is a reply to message #265649] Mon, 10 September 2007 12:03 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>BTW, wont finding crooked and devious means to access privileged data violate Corporate policy?
If not no such policy exists, then NO violation occurs.
Anything not prohibited is permitted!

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2007 12:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: SQL*PLUS command
Next Topic: loop error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 05 08:49:14 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07903 seconds