Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found
SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #264866] Tue, 04 September 2007 18:47 Go to next message
vshalpatel
Hi

I want to use SQL*Loader , an Oracle-supplied utility to load data from a flat file into one database tables.
for this I have write the scripts in the SQL*LOADER control file named loader.ctl. actual data file is mydata.csv that I have mentioned under �load data� section in loader.ctl .
P.N : I am using my personal oracle installed on windows Pc. not using any n/w resources to access oracle DB

Now I know we need to invoke SQL*Loader (from command line) and point it to the control file describing the data in order to initiate this load.

my control file location is c:\loader.ctl. when I try from the Command Line The following sqlldr command

sqlldr scott/tiger control= loader.ctl

it gives me following errors
sql*loader error 500 unable to open file
sql*loader eroor 553 file not found
sql*loader error 509 the system can not find specified file.

i also tried by giving the absolute path of the control file
sqlldr scott/tiger control=c:\loader.ctl

(but the command cant locate it)

I even tried placing it in c:\oracle and few other different folder under oracle folder and I have tried mentioning the absolute path of the control file in command too but no luck.

could any one throw some light what could Could go wrong? any one tell me what should be the location of my control file loader.ctl?

Thanks
Vishal

[mod-edit] removedthe word URGENT from the title. No one wants it.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2007 08:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Urgent: SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #264871 is a reply to message #264866] Tue, 04 September 2007 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88679/74940/
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88678/74940/
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88680/74940/

Do NOT cross/multi-post

Follow posting guidelines as stated in STICKY post at top of forum!

Please explain why it is URGENT for ME to solve this problem for YOU!
Re: Urgent: SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #264910 is a reply to message #264871] Wed, 05 September 2007 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Removed duplicate posts.

There are three ways to reduce the chance for a swift (and helpful) response:
- Add the word URGENT in the header
- Cross-/Multipost
- Report your post

2 out of 3 so far..

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2007 00:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Urgent: SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #264912 is a reply to message #264910] Wed, 05 September 2007 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Adding one: posting in the wrong forum.

Regards
Michel
Re: Urgent: SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #264913 is a reply to message #264866] Wed, 05 September 2007 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Adding one: If post is Very Roughly Formatted.
Re: SQL*LOADER ERROR 500 Unable to open File , File not found [message #265183 is a reply to message #264866] Wed, 05 September 2007 12:12 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I find that one of the simplest ways to run it and figure out where it should be is to do everything from SQL*Plus. So, from SQL*Plus:

SQL> EDIT loader.ctl

and copy and paste your control file, then save it. Then, again from SQL*Plus:

SQL> EDIT mydata.csv

and copy and paste your data into it, then save it. Then, again from SQL*Plus:

SQL> HOST sqlldr scott/tiger control=loader.ctl log=loader.log

Notice that there is no space on either side of the equal sign in "control=loader.ctl". This is a requirement and may be your only problem. You can then, again from SQL*Plus:

SQL> EDIT loader.log

to see what happened during the load.

By doing things in this manner, you ensure that everything is in the right place and Oracle has rights to it. Sometimes saving things from the operating system may put it in the right place, but without sufficient access rights. When you are done, you can then check your operating system directories and see where it all landed.
Previous Topic: SQL*Loader, Referencing fillier columns
Next Topic: What is the best way to load Excel sheet data in to Oracle database Tables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:49:55 CDT 2024