Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Menu display problem on multiple screens
icon9.gif  Menu display problem on multiple screens [message #264826] Tue, 04 September 2007 12:43 Go to next message
dave1138
Myself and many of my co-workers user multiple monitors to work. (Usually our laptop and desktop monitors.) When our application is displayed in the prime monitor, there is no problem. However, when we move the application window to a secondary monitor (by dragging it), the menu no longer displays the drop-down items. The menu option selected will be highlighted, but there are no drop-down items with it. If the application is sitting between both monitors, it will give unpredictable results. (i.e. some drop-downs will/may display partially.) Does anyone know what I need to do to make it stop this behaviour?

/forum/fa/2995/0/
Fig. 1 shows the correct display on a primary monitor. Fig. 2 shows the lack of drop-down items when on a secondary monitor.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
  • Attachment: menu_prob.bmp
    (Size: 427.72KB, Downloaded 1828 times)
Re: Menu display problem on multiple screens [message #265665 is a reply to message #264826] Thu, 06 September 2007 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't think that this is a Forms problem per se.

I expect that you have had the suggestions of running Linux instead of windows (as unhelpful as another hole in the head).

Which version of Forms, JInitiator, and windows are you using?

Please verify that you have the latest driver for your extra screen and that you have the latest 'dual' screen handler for your PC.

David
Re: Menu display problem on multiple screens [message #265801 is a reply to message #265665] Fri, 07 September 2007 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dave1138
Sorry that I forgot to include my system info (beginners mistake). We are using Oracle 10g (pre 10.2.2) on a Linux box and accessing via the web on XP windows laptops.

I received a response from Oracle this morning. They say it is a known problem (even though I didn't find anything about it on their website) and an upgrade to 10.2.2 (or a series of patches) is necessary. Our DBAs are going to give that a shot in a week or two.

If anyone has heard anything differently, feel free to let me know. Sometimes it seems like Oracle likes to respond with 'Upgrade' as a solution when they don't want to research something.

Otherwise, I guess we can close this one out.

Thanks djmartin,

Dave.
Re: Menu display problem on multiple screens [message #268847 is a reply to message #265801] Wed, 19 September 2007 22:30 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yea, I was chasing a similar problem for another OP and found Bug No. 2772796 on Metalink which states
Quote:
*** 05/09/07 05:16 am ***
Tested 10.1.2.2. Menus, list items, and buttons appear to work correctly on dual monitor system.

David
Previous Topic: UNABLE TO RESOLVE THE REFERENCE ITEM
Next Topic: Forms faq
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:42:53 CDT 2024