|RMAN-06207: fix ... want to run "delete force archivelog.." [message #260655]
||Mon, 20 August 2007 11:09
Registered: October 2001
Here is my scenario|
- We did some heavy work over last week and the archive log destination folder got more archives than normal so maxed out on space (/u05/archive ....)
- Due to this, Friday morning the db was in HUNG state as the mount point was full (been throgh this before also).
- could not add space immediately on this mount so moved some old archives to another mount point.
- disk got free and db started working properly.
Here is how the RMAN backups are set
1. RMAN runs mon-fri with L0 on friday and L1 mon-thu.
2. script is set to
(archivelog from time 'sysdate-3');
delete archivelog until time 'sysdate-5';
meaning archives are left in disk for 3 days and backed up at the same time. archives older than 5 days are deleted from RMAN as well as the disk (was set by previous DBA).
3. Now the script that ran last Friday evening gave RMAN-06207 (was expecting them). Backup of the db and log files were fine.
RMAN-06207: WARNING: 16 objects could not be deleted for DISK channel(s) due
RMAN-06208: to mismatched status. Use CROSSCHECK command to fix status
List of Mismatched objects
Object Type Filename/Handle
Now the situation is THESE archivelogs were supposed to be DELETED from RMAN and also to be deleted from the disk. Since these were already not present in the disk (were moved to free up space), the above warning was given.
1. Are these archivelogs deleted from RMAN (which were sysdate-5)?
2. Obviously they are not on disk as they were moved at OS level ?
My question is how do I clean this up or do I have to ??
I came across this command but had doubt on it.
RMAN> delete force archivelog 79324;
If I run this for all the 16 archive logs shown above, will this do all the cleanup ??
OS - AIX5L
Oracle - 22.214.171.124.0
RMAN - no catalog, control files used
Thanks in advance.
[Updated on: Mon, 20 August 2007 11:14]
Report message to a moderator