Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL path" and external procedure
ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL path" and external procedure [message #2164] Tue, 25 June 2002 06:50 Go to next message
Alex
i'm trying to call external procedures with Oracle 9i under Windows NT
i've got this "unknown" error : ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL Path"
this error comes during the call to the function declared as external... this is BEFORE the instruction "NAME ", so it must come from the listener (see below)
any help appreciated

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: D:oracleora92NETWORKADMINlistener.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = poste2)(PORT = 1521))
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0))
)
)

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = winresa.poste2)
(ORACLE_HOME = d:oracleora92)
(SID_NAME = winresa)
)
(SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = BDTEST.POSTE2)
(ORACLE_HOME = D:oracleora92)
(SID_NAME = BDTEST)
)
(SID_DESC =

(PROGRAM = extproc)
(SID_NAME = plsextproc)
)
)
Re: ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL path" and external procedure [message #2168 is a reply to message #2164] Tue, 25 June 2002 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
I've got no hands-on experience with 9i, but I believe there's some environmental variable to be set. By default, Oracle will only load external procedures that are in the $ORACLE_HOME/bin and $ORACLE_HOME/lib directories. To load DLLs from other directories, the environment variable EXTPROC_DLLS should be set.

Oracle recommends setting this variable in the listener.ora file using the ENVS parameter. In your documentation, you can find more info.

Or you could surf to OTN:
http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/network.920/a96580/advcfg.htm#444270

HTH,
MHE
Re: ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL path" and external procedure [message #2864 is a reply to message #2168] Mon, 19 August 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colonel
I resolved this issue :
if you're working under Windows, you have to add this line in the listener.ora file : ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=ANY"
here's a part of my file :

(SID_DESC =
(PROGRAM = extproc)
(SID_NAME = extproc2)
(ENVS="EXTPROC_DLLS=ANY")
)

hope this helps
you can contact me : ICQ #66752818
alex
Re: ORA-28595 "Invalid DLL path" and external procedure [message #8920 is a reply to message #2864] Fri, 03 October 2003 07:18 Go to previous message
Sachin Lalye
For better security, substitute the ANY above with a colon separated list of DLLs that you wish to load.
Previous Topic: How to populate County
Next Topic: Report multiple-of-5-year anniversaries within a date range
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:00:11 CDT 2024