Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » inserting multiple email id into one column via stored procedure
inserting multiple email id into one column via stored procedure [message #259518] Wed, 15 August 2007 16:03 Go to next message
sandy_vitty
Hello Gurus,

I am a newbie to oracle stored procedure. Hope this is the right place to post this question

I have 2 customer table. One has all customer address information and other has the multiple email id and tel no of the customer.They both can be joined on cust_id. I have to create a stored procedure which will populate a 3rd table which has all the cust information, but in this table i will have only one email address column and Tel no column. So if a customer has many Tel no all of them should be added to same column separated by a ";".

Just don't know how to go about doing this. Embarassed Embarassed

Appreciate all the help.

Thanks
Re: inserting multiple email id into one column via stored procedure [message #259521 is a reply to message #259518] Wed, 15 August 2007 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Just don't know how to go about doing this
GOOD, because while it can be done it should NOT be done.
This "design" violates 3rd Normal Form.
Re: inserting multiple email id into one column via stored procedure [message #259565 is a reply to message #259518] Thu, 16 August 2007 00:22 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I agree with Ana.
If you just want to make a report, then search for "pivot", "stragg" or "concat_all".

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: read a text file and insert into db
Next Topic: Reset table data after a process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 22:28:48 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21627 seconds