Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » finding error in a particular column while uploading from excel to database
finding error in a particular column while uploading from excel to database [message #257307] Wed, 08 August 2007 01:25 Go to next message
sathyam2627
Hi to all,
I am uploading data from excel to database by using DDE.REQUEST and i am trying to do this from front end using forms.
In my table morethan 60 fields are there. while uploading somewhere 1 field is causing problem. i would like to display the field name where error arises.If anybody is having a solution,please tel me
Anybody can help me from this,by giving a solution for the same.

Regards
sathya..
Re: finding error in a particular column while uploading from excel to database [message #257330 is a reply to message #257307] Wed, 08 August 2007 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is the error code and the message?

Please post your text and list the version of your Forms and database.

David
Re: finding error in a particular column while uploading from excel to database [message #257365 is a reply to message #257330] Wed, 08 August 2007 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sathyam2627
HI,
First of all let me thank your reply.

Error code might be anything, if any column finds the error while uploading data just i wanted to display that column name.

I am uploading thousands of data into my database. so that i not able to tel you the error code. suppose for example a column invoice_date, if this column is not accepting the data then i want to display that column name..

We are using forms9i release 2 Developer suite.
Database is Oracle9i release 2

Regards
sathya...
Re: finding error in a particular column while uploading from excel to database [message #257641 is a reply to message #257365] Wed, 08 August 2007 19:36 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can only suggest that you perform a test after EVERY item is read from the Excel spreadsheet and if you have an unsuccessful read then you write a message that contains the key information. For example, write "Read failed on line nnn column nnn".

David

Upd: typo

[Updated on: Wed, 08 August 2007 19:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: how to get data against listbox item , in textboxes on form
Next Topic: Want a hyper link on my canvas in FORM 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 08:51:37 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05617 seconds