Home » SQL & PL/SQL » Client Tools » doubt in sql*plus
doubt in sql*plus [message #256697] Mon, 06 August 2007 06:57 Go to next message
In sql*plus i have done one DML operation and i just give exit without commiting the transaction.
when i see the table from another table, i could see that transaction!!!
how this is possible?

i have checked autocommit, it is off only

Re: doubt in sql*plus [message #256701 is a reply to message #256697] Mon, 06 August 2007 07:00 Go to previous message
You have the wrong idea about what the autocommit feature actually does.
From that fine documentation

Controls when Oracle Database commits pending changes to the database after SQL or PL/SQL commands.

ON commits pending changes to the database after Oracle Database executes each successful INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE, or PL/SQL block. OFF suppresses automatic committing so that you must commit changes manually (for example, with the SQL command COMMIT). IMMEDIATE functions in the same manner as ON. n commits pending changes to the database after Oracle Database executes n successful SQL INSERT, UPDATE, or DELETE commands, or PL/SQL blocks. n cannot be less than zero or greater than 2,000,000,000. The statement counter is reset to zero after successful completion of n INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE commands or PL/SQL blocks, a commit, a rollback, or a SET AUTOCOMMIT command.

SET AUTOCOMMIT does not alter the commit behavior when SQL*Plus exits. Any uncommitted data is committed by default.

Previous Topic: Connection using sql*plus
Next Topic: connection using sqlplus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 22 20:32:45 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12501 seconds