Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » How to select and insert and use the value to select again
icon8.gif  How to select and insert and use the value to select again [message #253428] Mon, 23 July 2007 19:32 Go to next message
MrhelpMe
Hello all users,

I have been challenged with creating a report( for this I use crystal reports XI) that will connect/run a stored procedure that I created(I know how to do this). Problem: The last action after running the report will be to store/record the timestamp of the "last run Time"(the last time I ran the report). Then when the report runs again (this report will be scheduled) it should process all records from "last run Time"(timestamp) until the present(sysdate). I need this all automated. Hope everyone follows:)

For this I have created a database table. This is the easy part. The hard part is I have no idea how to capture this timestamp(last run date) and insert this into the table that I created. Is this possible through oracle 9.2? I was figuring that I should be able to accomplish this with Oracle and crystal reports. If you can help with the package/procedure it would be greatly appreciated. This will need to be all done in one package/stored procedure.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 July 2007 19:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to select and insert and use the value to select again [message #253432 is a reply to message #253428] Mon, 23 July 2007 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I have no idea how to capture this timestamp(last run date) and insert this into the table that I created
INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES (SYSDATE);
Re: How to select and insert and use the value to select again [message #253494 is a reply to message #253432] Tue, 24 July 2007 02:21 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm looking forward to see a solution which will be different from the ones people suggested here!
Previous Topic: XML
Next Topic: add field at position 144
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 13:54:25 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07828 seconds