Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Database Design Issue
Database Design Issue [message #23813] Wed, 08 January 2003 00:11 Go to next message
Ravi
I want to design an App. for a group of 30 companies in a single DB. Curr. I am copying the basic tbl struc.for all the comp. and prefixing the compid, ie. Customer will be copied as TRDG_CUSTOMER, or CNTG_CUSTOMER for a trading sister concern or Contracting Sister concern of the parent company, in the same user space and sharing this tbl. But the prob.is I have to change the forms data source to the comp. the user logs in. All proc. has to be written with dyn. SQL and executed.

How can I have a proper design and yet write simple SQL's in Forms and backend Proc. without the need to generate them dynamically.

If I keep the tables in separate users(Compid as username) then the problem how can we desing the app to look on to say TRDG.CUSTOMER or CNTG.CUSTOMER depending on which comp the user logs in?
Re: Database Design Issue [message #23815 is a reply to message #23813] Wed, 08 January 2003 02:26 Go to previous message
balwan
Just define another colunms in the table , which is company-id. Drived this Id based on the user. I mean each user should be associated to one company.
Previous Topic: ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined error
Next Topic: Export
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 29 03:26:33 CDT 2024