Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Problem in designing a database for project management
Problem in designing a database for project management [message #247054] Sat, 23 June 2007 04:50 Go to next message
Dear friends,

Hope all of you are having a nice time.

I am designing a database to get a overview of multiple project management. I am working both with SQL Sever and Oracle9i. Now I have landed into a trouble and I am unable to get rid of this problem.

The problem is as follows:
A.Please look into the designing diagram I have forwarded
along with this topic.
B. Now follow the query to be solved:

I have the following tables:

In TechCategories there are two Categories
CategoryId - 1 -CategoryName - ProjectManagers
CategoryId - 2 -CategoryName - Resources(team members)

In TechTeamsDetails I have Team Names and their respective ID's.

In TechMembers I maintain all details of ProjectManagers and Resources(Team Members) in a single table.

In TechProjectDetails I maintain details of all the projects.

Now conditions are

1. One project manager can lead only one team .
2. No two project managers can be assigned to the same project.
3. Based on the UserId (may be Project Manager or Resource) I
should be able to retrive all the people working for the
same project.
4. I should be able to retrive the resources available for a
particular ProjectManager.

5. When a member logins he should be able to view all the
details of a particular project.

Please help me out to sort this problem. I don't mind even if you suggest me to change the table tructures and fields if necessary. Hope you would do the needful.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Vamsi K Gummadi.

• Attachment: untitled.zip
    (Size: 22.67KB, Downloaded 128 times)
Re: Problem in designing a database for project management [message #247071 is a reply to message #247054] Sat, 23 June 2007 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I'll have no problem to do this job as soon as you pay me.
You don't expect someone will spend hours to make this for free, don't you? Do you?

Re: Problem in designing a database for project management [message #247099 is a reply to message #247071] Sun, 24 June 2007 01:48 Go to previous message
Here's a tip, it's very difficult to try to make homework sound like a real job. In years to come you'll look back on this and laugh about trying to fool us into thinking this is not homework.

The problem is, when people get their homework done for them, they learn nothing, they graduate, and they become OUR problem. We don't want that.

If you want help with your homework, be prepared to do it yourself - ask for just a tip - or some feedback on your current approach. If you're having trouble getting started, ask for a tip. If you still can't work out where to start, you need to do some research - ask for some ideas on what to read.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error string
Next Topic: how to delete all record in the table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Oct 24 09:12:36 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07503 seconds