|BIAS Corp - People Soft Sys Admin - Atlanta GA [message #246380]
||Wed, 20 June 2007 14:26
Registered: June 2007
Our Client is looking for the following|
TITLE: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Senior System Administrator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This senior level position is responsible for being the primary technical expert to support a very large PeopleSoft HRMS/Payroll/Financials platform. This position is to administer PeopleSoft production systems and candidate should be able to work from time to time on an Oncall rotation and work off hours to perform system maintenance and enhancements. Candidate should have extensive knowledge of application and tools upgrades, installing patches, trouble-shooting and resolving application problems, performance tuning, capacity planning, App/Batch / Web Server Administration, architecture and migrations. The candidate filling this position must have demonstrated the ability to support the entire PeopleSoft technology stack which includes WebLogic 6.1 and 8.1, BEA"s Tuxedo Application Server 6.5, Vista Plus 5.2, MySQL and Oracle 9i and 10g databases in a complex multi database, multi PeopleSoft application environment. This hands on role will have responsibility for configuring and supporting the larger complex PeopleSoft environments and verification of other PeopleSoft environments. This position will work closely with infrastructure teams on the review, support and upgrade of Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux implementations and associated hardware. This position will also work closely with management to understand current and future project needs and how they will affect the production environments. This role will also be responsible for drawing on their knowledge and experience using Unix Shell scripting, Perl, Oracle SQL Scripting, and Oracle PL/SQL coding to offer alternative solutions to unique PeopleSoft and non PeopleSoft requirements.
1. In depth knowledge of the PeopleSoft technology stack such that issues are identified and resolved in a timely fashion.
2. Ultimate responsibility for the resolution of issues affecting the PeopleSoft system environment.
3. Vista Plus - Distributed reporting application. Configuration and monitoring of MySQL databases to support Vista Plus product. Design and creation of scripts to backup MySQL databases. Develop scripts and procedures to perform Vista Plus refreshes. Develop scripts and procedures to perform PeopleSoft environment refreshes.
4. Applying Tax and patch updates utilizing PeopleSoft Change Assistant.
5. Experienced with Integration Broker, Component Interface, PeopleSoft workflow.
6. Experience using and resolving PeopleSoft Audits.
7. Enterprise Portal administration and configuration.
8. PeopleSoft Security utilizing SSO, LDAP, Active Directory.
9. Extensive understanding and experience in PeopleSoft problem resolution.
10. SQR tuning.
11. Basic DBA functions.
12. Configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting PeopleSoft components such as Process Scheduler, Mohomine Resume processor, web publishing and subscription facilities.
13. Expertise in utilizing various database and system performance monitoring tools to resolve system issues.
14. Work with infrastructure team to secure system resources to ensure project teams have the environments for their projects.
15. Develop methodology and project plans to ensure that PeopleSoft environments are maintained up to date with application and regulatory updates.
16. Mentor System Administration staff and actively participate in their technical development.
17. Monitor system capacity and work with management to acquire capacity as needed.
18. Participate, with direction from supervisor, in the development and maintenance of ERP System Administration Standards.
19. Review of new database technologies and tools and make recommendations to management
QUALIFICATIONS: (Fairly self explanatory. What are the hiring requirements for the job such as educational and/or years experience, tools, platforms, leadership, etc..
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
2. 3-5 Years experience in database administration, preferably in an Oracle and/or ERP database environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform PeopleSoft administration for multiple PeopleSoft environments.
4. Completion of Oracle Certification.
5. 2 years experience in a Unix environment including the ability to create and debug Unix shell scripts and demonstrate command of all Unix commands.
6. Completion of Oracle 9i or 10g Database Certification.
7. Experience and understanding of file transfer protocols and demonstrated ability to automate file transfer processes.
8. Demonstrated ability to configure and maintain all tiers of the PeopleSoft technology stack.
9. Experience with current database management tools.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with team members from other areas to accomplish common objectives.
11. Ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position with little direction.
12. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
13. Able to prioritize and multi-task.
14. Ability to be on call 24x7 and work occasional weekends on a rotating basis.
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org