Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » datbase trigger & application trigger ??
datbase trigger & application trigger ?? [message #245461] Sun, 17 June 2007 12:15 Go to next message
ashish_pass1
hello all

can any body tell me what is application trigger & what is database trigger ??

thanxx

regards
Re: datbase trigger & application trigger ?? [message #245462 is a reply to message #245461] Sun, 17 June 2007 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
database trigger: procedural code that is automatically executed in response to certain events in the database.
application trigger: procedural code that is automatically executed in response to certain events in the application.

Regards
Michel

Re: datbase trigger & application trigger ?? [message #249860 is a reply to message #245462] Fri, 06 July 2007 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashok_mni
Hi Michel,

Cud you plz. let me know certain events in the application for the Applicaiton trigger???

I haven't heard about Application trigger....Cud you plz explain it in detail........

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ashok M
Re: datbase trigger & application trigger ?? [message #249872 is a reply to message #249860] Fri, 06 July 2007 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
For instance, when you click on a button you call a function to handle this click, this is an application trigger.

Regards
Michel
Re: datbase trigger & application trigger ?? [message #249899 is a reply to message #245461] Fri, 06 July 2007 08:18 Go to previous message
Bilana
Ashok,
have u ever worked with Oracle Forms? If you have the forms6i(or any version)then you can find out that there are a gallon of triggers that are basically working in the application level.
Some of them are WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE,WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE,WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE etc etc etc..........
Those triggers can be applied at form level,block level,item level or even upon a particular event level(am i going tooooo deep inside Cool ) . If you have the forms developer ready with you then you can find it out !!!

cheers...
Previous Topic: Computed columns in Oracle
Next Topic: Error exporting SQL report to Excel - Stack Empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 21:59:37 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09588 seconds