Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Help with PL/SQL procedures and functions
Help with PL/SQL procedures and functions [message #244321] Tue, 12 June 2007 05:51 Go to next message
seanconnell
I had an idea for some procedures and functions but im not sure how to program them. Any help on either of these would be great.

1.Create a procedure which will allow updates on a table called CUSTOMER (contains cust_id Number(5), f_name Varchar(20), surname Varchar(20), address Varchar(30), ph_no Varchar(Cool.) Include error handling.

2.Create procedure to retrieve data from three tables. like through joining. e.g. of tables = CUSTOMER, SHOP, PRODUCT.

3. Create a function which will delete a record from CUSTOMER. Include error handling to test that the delete was successful.

I am a bit of a newbie and i don't know much about PL/SQL but i am trying to learn it. As noted before any help would be much appreciated.
Re: Help with PL/SQL procedures and functions [message #244324 is a reply to message #244321] Tue, 12 June 2007 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sanka_yanka

Sean,
Try to read about PL/SQL. It's a sweet language, you can easily learn it. Don't asked to to do your assignment to other and if you need any help for starting PL/SQL then we can help you out.
For Knowing oracle PL/SQL you can search on http://asktom.oracle.com for great coading examples.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2007 06:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Help with PL/SQL procedures and functions [message #244327 is a reply to message #244321] Tue, 12 June 2007 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
We don't do homework for you but we'll help you.
First:
Please always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).
Please read and follow How to format your posts.

Then post what you already done (copy and paste your screen, use SQL*Plus) and why you are stuck, we guide you to one or several correct ways.

Regards
Michel
Re: Help with PL/SQL procedures and functions [message #244350 is a reply to message #244321] Tue, 12 June 2007 07:44 Go to previous message
Frank
seanconnell wrote on Tue, 12 June 2007 12:51
I had an idea for some procedures and functions

No, your teacher had that idea. Not you.
Previous Topic: special character handling in translate query
Next Topic: Bind variable "00" not declared.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 20:32:51 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04431 seconds