Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL plus
SQL plus [message #23405] Thu, 05 December 2002 11:47 Go to next message
Koen
I am just an beginner so this question might be foolish.

I have just received Orace 8i Personal edition and I wanted to practice with Orace SQL plus at home. Now I have installed it but it asked me for an username/pass/hoststring but I don't know what it is.

Now I have just entered something but nothing works. The program gives errors about an protocol or a servicenamen etc.

Can you please tell me what I should do to get this program working and wich steps I should take to get it working.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Koen
Re: SQL plus [message #23407 is a reply to message #23405] Thu, 05 December 2002 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
Typically you'll have one or more Oracle databases installed on one or more servers on your network. If your pc is networked and has the Oracle client installed (of which sqlplus is a component), then you'll specify the connection details for the database you want to connect to. The tnsnames.ora file under the oracle directory ..networkadmin will have a list of the configured databases you can connect to.
Re: SQL plus [message #23473 is a reply to message #23405] Wed, 11 December 2002 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HG
Try
system;manager or scott;tiger and leave the database empty
Re: SQL plus [message #23514 is a reply to message #23405] Fri, 13 December 2002 18:34 Go to previous message
Su
Try this out. SYSTEM as user name, MANAGER as password and nothing for host string.
These are system set defaults, unless you changed them during installation.
Good luck :)
Previous Topic: Urgent
Next Topic: Update a big table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 23:35:01 CDT 2024