Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Unable to fetch data through Oracle Net
Unable to fetch data through Oracle Net [message #242867] Tue, 05 June 2007 06:18 Go to next message
Hi Experts,
I am using Oracle 10g. I am connecting to the database using Oracle Net. I have used Full outer join between 12 tables.
When i am fetching the data from more than one table, i am getting the following error.

"Oracle Error-1 ORA-01468: a predicate may reference only one outer-joined table"

But when i am connecting through ODBC, i am able to fetch the data in same scenario. But i am unable to fetch it through Oracle Net.

Kindly help on the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Unable to fetch data through Oracle Net [message #242871 is a reply to message #242867] Tue, 05 June 2007 06:29 Go to previous message
That error message is related to the old way of expressing outer joins (with the (+) operator) - it should not happen with ANSI syntax. Since you are performing a Full Outer Join, I assume you are using the ANSI syntax, not the (+) operator.

This probably means that something in the pipeline is translating your SQL from ANSI to old-Oracle. Current versions of Oracle Net should not do this. What version of the Oracle Client do you have installed on the client machine?

It is also possible that the client program is translating it before passing it to Oracle Net. What front-end are you using for Oracle Net? SQL*Plus - current version? Something else?

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: create table... as select * from ....constraint
Next Topic: resizing the database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 22 09:09:57 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11285 seconds