Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Errbuf and retcode...
Errbuf and retcode... [message #240926] Sun, 27 May 2007 19:55 Go to next message
kogilaah_k
hi there,

i am actually having a problem here...
i have successfully compiled my coding with no errors with it saying procedure created..no errors...

but then when i typed in :
sql> select errbuf,retcode from dual:
it showed :2
as i looked intot the forum for more answers, i came to know that
0 = for success
1 = for success with warnings
2 = for errors

could someone help me solve my probelm here. as i am not sure how to remove errors and to view my report sturcture as i am using leechftp to view the output of the codings.

thank you.
Re: Errbuf and retcode... [message #240935 is a reply to message #240926] Sun, 27 May 2007 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Put all relevant information: code, version, copy and paste of what you executed that we can reproduce.
If I try just what you posted I get:
SQL> select errbuf,retcode from dual:
  2  /
select errbuf,retcode from dual:
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended

SQL> select errbuf,retcode from dual;
select errbuf,retcode from dual
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: "RETCODE": invalid identifier

I don't 2 or any other return. How can we help you in you don't give us the context?

Regards
Michel
Re: Errbuf and retcode... [message #241130 is a reply to message #240935] Mon, 28 May 2007 07:33 Go to previous message
skooman
Errbuf and retcode are both typically used in Apps (e-business suite), it's used to call the logfile and error handling functionality within apps.

Selecting them from dual in SQL*Plus doesn't make much sense to me, but have to admit I've never tried. I would say that you just get the last value, but I'm not sure if that's last in your sessions, last in the database or else (I suppose database, since every process can enter values for it's own logfile/errors).

The way to find out if your procedure is behaving correctly is to create it, type 'show errors' afterwards, if that's okay then run it using the concurrent request manager of apps and the logfile of that request will show you the results.

(edit: typo)

[Updated on: Mon, 28 May 2007 07:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: here is my silly title because i am too lazy to come up with a meaningful title
Next Topic: Create External table using Execute Immediate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Dec 04 08:43:21 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.22936 seconds