Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index
Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index [message #237869] Wed, 16 May 2007 01:00 Go to next message
gowthamtnr
Hi All,
1.whats the Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index in oracle 9i?

2.what is SAFE Exception? (is there any thing like this? bcas it was asked in interview.)

Re: Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index [message #237876 is a reply to message #237869] Wed, 16 May 2007 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
gowthamtnr wrote on Wed, 16 May 2007 08:00
(is there any thing like this? bcas it was asked in interview.)

Then I suppose you told the interviewer you didn't know and asked him/her what he meant by it. Then the interviewer told you what he meant and a nice discussion between the two of you started, and you got hired, because you showed him you are interested in things concerning your job and are eager to learn new things...
Re: Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index [message #238161 is a reply to message #237876] Wed, 16 May 2007 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
A Cluster Index is the index used to access tables stored in an Indexed Cluster (as opposed to bog-standard heap-organised tables). Lookup Clusters in the Concepts manual.

The interviewer was much more likely to have been talking about the Clustering Factor of an Index, which is a measure of the degree to which adjacent rows in the index can be found in the same block in the table. Search on Clustering Factor.

Ross Leishman
Re: Difference between Clustered index and non clustered index [message #238181 is a reply to message #238161] Thu, 17 May 2007 00:43 Go to previous message
Maaher
I thought he might be referring to a SAVE EXCEPTIONS clause of bulk operations.

MHE
Previous Topic: Some interview questions.
Next Topic: Conditional Compilation in PLSQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:18:56 CDT 2024