Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Asking primary what last arc applied was...in 8i
Asking primary what last arc applied was...in 8i [message #237237] Sun, 13 May 2007 11:39 Go to next message
thundergod
Hello,

I'm trying to query a (primary) Oracle database to ask it "what was the last archive log that was successfully applied to your standby database". In 9.2 and later, there is the APPLIED column of V$ARCHIVE_LOG that has a YES/NO, so you can see for each archive log whether it was applied to the standby database.

However, that column doesn't exist in 8i and I can't seem to find anything that provides the same information. The docs all talk about querying the standby database...we want to query production.

Yeah, I know, the real answer is to get off 8i...one of those "no need to upgrade, it's going away soon" for the last three years situations Smile

Re: Asking primary what last arc applied was...in 8i [message #237506 is a reply to message #237237] Mon, 14 May 2007 13:16 Go to previous message
mlgoins

I don't think the Primary is given any indication when data is applied to a Standby database (unless you're in Maximum Reliability mode where COMMIT doesn't take place on the Primary Database until it has occurred on the Secondary Database). In that case, your last Archived Redo Log date/time would be an indication of the last applied to the Standby.

Previous Topic: Temporary files
Next Topic: Intelligent Agent (Data Guard prerequisite) options hang
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:30:12 CDT 2024