Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Global Temporary Tables
Global Temporary Tables [message #234554] Wed, 02 May 2007 02:32 Go to next message
Hi all!...I am working on Crystal Reports and Oracle.When a report is run it references a prodedure(s) which in turn calls for a Function.The functions returns value from a Global Temporary Table.So this returned Data is displayed in the Report.When the Rpt runs for the first time ,say it displays 10 rows...I then try rerunning the report without logingoff from the same DB Source ,now the report doesnot seem to delete the old data..it displays two sets of data..one old set and another new set so totally 20 rows.When I issue a DELETE * from GTT before I do an insert,an error ORA-06503 is returned, But however when I use TRUNCATE command instead of DELETE, in my function there are no such problems ,infact the report is refreshed between sessions and transactions.Though using TRUNCATE solves the problem ,I dont understand the Logic behind.
Help is appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
Re: Global Temporary Tables [message #234605 is a reply to message #234554] Wed, 02 May 2007 11:28 Go to previous message
Have you checked why it returns ORA-06503? Have you checked what it means?

ORA-06503: PL/SQL: Function returned without value
Cause: A call to PL/SQL function completed, but no RETURN statement was executed.
Action: Rewrite PL/SQL function, making sure that it always returns a value of a proper type.

Gints Plivna
Previous Topic: Help needed (merged poor choice for subject)
Next Topic: multiply in SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 22 19:21:52 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08692 seconds