Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » username, password, host sting
username, password, host sting [message #233131] Tue, 24 April 2007 20:31 Go to next message
I loaded Oracle10g at home. How do I find the host string. I also do not remember setting a password. One reply said to log on %ORACLE_HOME%/network/admin to find the tnsnames.ora file but where do I log on to do this in my computer. Yes I am a newbie very.
Re: username, password, host sting [message #233151 is a reply to message #233131] Wed, 25 April 2007 00:48 Go to previous message
Account Moderator
You don't have to "log on" - just go there. I *presume* it is some kind of GUI operating system (MS Windows?), so - open Explorer and navigate to directory you installed Oracle into; in there you'll find network\admin directory, and there you'll see TNSNAMES.ORA.

There are default usernames and passwords available; those are SYSTEM/MANAGER, SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL (which are not to be used if you don't know what you are doing); SCOTT/TIGER is a combination which might be used for testing purposes. Scott's schema already contains several tables.

If you are not familiar with Oracle, perhaps you should read some documentation (Oracle isn't a toy nor game; install - run - point-and-shoot) which can be found here; check the Getting Started section first.
Previous Topic: how can make use of p_tier_id and still compiled?
Next Topic: Implementing Tablereview in the DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 16:11:44 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15892 seconds