Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Implementing Tablereview in the DB
Implementing Tablereview in the DB [message #233059] Tue, 24 April 2007 08:51 Go to next message
Flyhard
Hi everyone

I have to establish a review-system for some of our DB Tables. I'd like to do this using triggers and views. I am allowed to alter the existing table-structure, but need to have a view, that displays ONLY the Production/fully reviewed Data.

The Process is supposed to work something like this:

- I change a row in the table
- Trigger fires and leaves the original row intact, but creates a new row with my proposed change
- Someone else logs in, reviews my changes, and adds his ID and Timestamp to the row
- Trigger fires, deletes old row, makes changed row the production row

My Problem is, that I don't really know, how to actually implement this. Are there any Documents available, describing ow to do it? I tried searching for "Review" in Google, but I only get book reviews, so I seem to use the wrong search-term...

Anyone able to give some advice?

Best Regards

Per Abich
Re: Implementing Tablereview in the DB [message #233158 is a reply to message #233059] Wed, 25 April 2007 01:07 Go to previous message
Frank
There are several ways to do this; if you stick to your view, you could quite easily use a column indicating the status of the record.
Maybe if you search for four eyes principle or something alike, you find more. (It is called this way, because every record needs to be seen by 4 eyes before it is made definite)
Previous Topic: username, password, host sting
Next Topic: Oracle 10G - Uning SQL Plus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 08:05:32 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14191 seconds