Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Detail Record Disappear
Detail Record Disappear [message #233011] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:59 Go to next message
sweetkhaliq

Dear All

I have a Form based on master detail block. I populate the detail block from another table with a button on master record.
When i click on button It successfull populate the detail block and save it. But when I click on any record in the detail block with mouse, suddenly all detail records disappears from the form.
But they still exist in the database table. When we again execte the query again records came back. but when i try to click on the detail records it disappears.
Please tell me what is the problem.

I will much appricate you.
Re: Detail Record Disappear [message #233023 is a reply to message #233011] Tue, 24 April 2007 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is there any trigger on a detail block which looks like
ENTER_QUERY;
Re: Detail Record Disappear [message #233024 is a reply to message #233011] Tue, 24 April 2007 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amitsaddi
one possible problem may be ::
there might be some exception raising. check for them
Re: Detail Record Disappear [message #233159 is a reply to message #233023] Wed, 25 April 2007 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweetkhaliq

There is no trigger like enter query on detail block level.
Re: Detail Record Disappear [message #233176 is a reply to message #233024] Wed, 25 April 2007 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweetkhaliq

There is no indication of exception raised. I have put on-error and on_message triggers on forms level for trapping the error messages. If still exception has raised than how can i varify it or find it.
Re: Detail Record Disappear [message #233187 is a reply to message #233176] Wed, 25 April 2007 02:51 Go to previous message
sweetkhaliq

Dear All

I have got this information myself. I have put this information for the benefits of all the group members.

This Problem Raises due to

This is to share with folks who faced this problem:

When records are displayed showing both master and detail records, a mouse-navigate to an existing record in the detail block works fine. But if you navigate from the master block to a blank (new) record (i.e. detail block is multi-record table), those existing records in the detail block disappear.

This happens if you used long block names and have several relations in your form and while creating the relations, the relation names created automatically by Forms can sometimes have more than one having the same name.

Just change the names of the relations such that all relation names are unique.

Thanks for all members reply
Previous Topic: HOW TO CAPTURE FRM-40350
Next Topic: dymamic dropdown list problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 02:38:39 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14537 seconds