Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Getting Column Names Updated When An Update Statement Fires
Getting Column Names Updated When An Update Statement Fires [message #232993] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:39 Go to next message
amit.pandey
Dear All,

I'm working on oracle 9i under unix env. I've a table accessing by 10 users through a frontend.This table has 225 columns.
This table has a after update trigger on it. When any of the user updating a column value triggers fires and try to generate the same update and store it into a table.

Now my problem is how can i know which column is getting updated by the update statement run by the user. If i'll compare all the columns using new and old it will become a lengthy code, even if i use new and old then to store the same sql statement i've to put single quotes in update statement for the columns having datatype varchar2, char or date.

Is thr any method so that i can came to know that these specific columns are getting updated.

Either Can you tell me how log-miner is generating sql_undo statment for the DML's.

Regards
Amit
Re: Getting Column Names Updated When An Update Statement Fires [message #233001 is a reply to message #232993] Tue, 24 April 2007 06:48 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ You have to check old and new value column per column
2/ LogMiner generates undo sql from redo record that contains a binary form of redo sql.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: insert and update in single query
Next Topic: function call another function?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 13:39:02 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13867 seconds