Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Possible change to quote button operation in post editor
Possible change to quote button operation in post editor [message #232224] Thu, 19 April 2007 19:20 Go to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Harking back to a previous thread of mine concerning the layout of quotations in these forums (or it is 'fori'?), I note that when you select some text and press the 'url_insert' button that a unique piece of Java script is run which places the highlighted text within the square brackets of the URL construct. However, when the 'quote' and 'code' buttons are pressed that the 'insertTag' Java script places the text between the respective 'start' and 'end' tags.

Typically I don't use the 'title' option of the 'code' tag but I typically do use the 'title' option of the 'quote' tag.

Is it possible to change the 'quote' button operation to perform a similar action as that performed by the 'url_insert' button code wherein the highlighted text becomes the 'title' and a 'window' is presented to the poster into which they can place the text that is being quoted?

Could, should this change be made?

David
Re: Possible change to quote button operation in post editor [message #232621 is a reply to message #232224] Sun, 22 April 2007 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Sounds like a good idea. However, I'm not sure it would be worth the coding effort. Any other opinions on this?
Re: Possible change to quote button operation in post editor [message #232646 is a reply to message #232621] Sun, 22 April 2007 19:10 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is it possible to duplicate the 'url_insert' code but present a larger window into which to place the quoted text?

David
Previous Topic: Marketplace post guidelines
Next Topic: BBcode problem on the main site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:34:09 CDT 2024