Home » Infrastructure » Unix » unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters
unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #231487] Tue, 17 April 2007 04:54 Go to next message
rajasekharam
Hi,

I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to create unix shell script which i need to run this script in unix to compile the package which we have written and pass those screen feild values to the package.

Please give me some thing replated to this idea or if u have any script related script send to me.

Thanks
Rajasekharam
Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #231530 is a reply to message #231487] Tue, 17 April 2007 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You need to use Java or some external stored procedure to call OS commands from pl/sql.
Search the forum.
Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #233241 is a reply to message #231487] Wed, 25 April 2007 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
#!/bin/ksh
#@(#)hotbackup_start -- starts S2000 hotbackup
###
# Korn script to start hot backup of the S2000 database
#
###
#
# Inform operator what job they have requested
# Ask if they wish to continue
#
echo " "
echo "*****"
echo Starting hot backup of S2000 database
echo "Continue? (Y/N)"
read answer
echo " "
if [[ "$answer" = [Yy]* ]]
then
df -k /u26
echo `date`
thedir=`pwd`
echo " "
echo Enter password for S2000 ORADBA
sttyops=`stty -g`
stty -echo
echo "Password: "\\c
read password
echo " "
stty $sttyops
#
# Start the hot backup job
#
sqlplus ORADBA/$password << EOF
@$thedir/hotbackup_start
exit
EOF
echo `date`
fi
Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #233370 is a reply to message #233241] Wed, 25 April 2007 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
to run a script from an HTML button, you can invoke the CGI program directly - or if your button submits to your PL/SQL cartridge (mod_plsql) then call the OS command directly from PL/SQL.

Windows example in 10G
Write your parameters to a temp file read by your script
else re-define the job_action with the actual parameter values passed in.

--   DBMS_SCHEDULER.create_job
--      (job_name        => 'testjob',
--       job_type        => 'EXECUTABLE',
------       job_action      => 'c:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe /c c:\my_bat.bat',
--       job_action      => 'c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c c:\my_bat.bat',
--       enabled         => false
--      );

-- Sync
  DBMS_SCHEDULER.run_job
      (job_name        => 'testjob',
      use_current_session =>TRUE);

Or just use the JAVA route as mentioned...

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:952229840241

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2007 18:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #357086 is a reply to message #231530] Mon, 03 November 2008 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkumar_2008

Hi,

I got a requirement to read the text file in unix and pass the values to a procedure.Can you please,advice me..

procedure...is to audit the data in the tables and which will run everyday based on the input parameters.

parameters file contain(dates in this file change everyday)
10/31/2008
11/01/2008

please,help me...

Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #357101 is a reply to message #357086] Mon, 03 November 2008 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Use a external table to read the parameter file and use it in your PL/SQL procedure.

Regards
Michel
Re: unix shell script to execute procedure with passing parameters [message #357288 is a reply to message #357101] Tue, 04 November 2008 10:57 Go to previous message
andrew again
to initiate the load while connected to the database, yes I'd use an external table or utl_file package to read the external file (available on the DB server machine). The main advantage is no passwd in external script. To initiate the load from a scipt, you could use sql*loader to load the data into a table and then process the data from there (using trigger to call the proc), or just use sqlplus. Simplified example (date format ommitted, default error handling etc)...
my_host>>cat t.txt           
10/31/2008
11/01/2008
my_host>>cat t.txt | sed "s/^/exec my_proc(\'/;s/$/\');/" > tmp.sql
my_host>>cat tmp.sql
exec my_proc('10/31/2008');
exec my_proc('11/01/2008');
my_host>>echo exit | sqlplus -s scott/tiger@dev @tmp.sql       

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

my_host>>
Previous Topic: help in AIX
Next Topic: script not recognising charcters after $
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:22 CDT 2024