Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Remote Access of Database through live IP by using DSL.
icon6.gif  Remote Access of Database through live IP by using DSL. [message #231416] Tue, 17 April 2007 00:08 Go to next message
mian imran
I want to access my database placed at different location having local IP and NAT by live IP on DSL. The location from I am planning to get connected has DSL and we can PING our database server from that location. I am trying to get connected through TNS by giving live IP of database server where I want to connect and the port is 1521. And SID is the same of that database server. I have only open two ports on that server that is 1521 and 9000. If there is any further port required to be open please inform. IF there is an other procedure please inform me also . Waiting for quick response.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2007 00:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remote Access of Database through live IP by using DSL. [message #232158 is a reply to message #231416] Thu, 19 April 2007 12:14 Go to previous message
gkrishn
I assume ur OS is Windows.If you can ping the server,You can easily test the database connectivity using oracle net configuration assistant.
Previous Topic: Heterogeneous Connectivity Issues
Next Topic: Listener issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:10:48 CDT 2024