Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to pass our Form output to a table when we click pushbutton
How to pass our Form output to a table when we click pushbutton [message #230916] Fri, 13 April 2007 05:48 Go to next message
world.apps
Hi

I am new to Forms. I am trying to create a Master Detail relation Form, and in the Canvas i created a push button. I am trying to write a code in when button pressed trigger, which transfers my report output to the databae table(temp_emp_dept).

Please help me how to write the code for this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to pass our Form output to a table when we click pushbutton [message #231097 is a reply to message #230916] Sat, 14 April 2007 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamran.it
you have report and you want to convert all the item (which are in reports) in database .???
Re: How to pass our Form output to a table when we click pushbutton [message #231202 is a reply to message #231097] Sun, 15 April 2007 23:10 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
To save the detail records that are CURRENTLY shown you need to use the get_block_property command to find the record number of the top record and the number of records displayed, then loop through them and insert them into the database table.

If you want ALL the detail records that satisfy the master record criteria then use an 'insert' statement using a 'select' with a 'where' that uses the criteria you used to display the detail records.

David
Previous Topic: How to create a form with two frames which show record from the same table
Next Topic: How to disable the TorchLight/Find Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Dec 07 22:37:47 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.23631 seconds