Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle Portal/DBA opportunity in Sunny Miami
|Oracle Portal/DBA opportunity in Sunny Miami [message #228393]
||Mon, 02 April 2007 21:03
Registered: April 2007
Our top client is seeking a self motivated, highly skilled Oracle Developer with DBA experience to join our Information Systems Department. |
Andre Dillard: Recruiter
TekPartners Quick Facts:
TekPartners was selected as a FINALIST for the 2007 "Best Places to Work " Award by the South Florida Business Journal
TekPartners has been named the 66th Fastest Growing New Company in America by PricewaterhouseCoopers & Entrepreneur Magazine as part of their 2006 HOT 100 list.
TekPartners was selected as a FINALIST for the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce 2006 "Good to Great" Award.
TekPartners was honored as the 2nd FASTEST GROWING technology company in South Florida.
TekPartners was honored as the 6th LARGEST Technology Consulting firm in South Florida.
TekPartners was honored as the 2nd LARGEST Executive Search firm in South Florida.
• Will develop in house applications utilizing Oracle Internal Application Server (IAS)
• To conceive, develop and maintain computer based Relational Database system solutions.
• Involved at all levels of database design and administration. These solutions will encompass data analysis, specification, normalization, modeling, definition, loading and integrity, testing
• Recommending, developing and enforcing, security, standards and procedures
• Creating or modifying system’s documentation and data dictionaries; Relational database training to the technical staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Uses Oracle database architecture knowledge to provide database expertise in the design, implementation and integrations of multi-tiered applications residing on relational database management systems (RDBMS). This includes database and table design and creation, stored procedures, triggers and query design and optimization.
• Structured analysis, design, coding, implementation and support for Oracle in house applications.
• Responsible for application testing and support, version control, object management, code and design review, production staging and implementation planning, overseeing development efforts, support and training.
• Performs capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
• Create, maintain and refresh required Oracle instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
• Plan, document, coordinate and implement complex vendor upgrades to Oracle applications while protecting integrity of the production environment.
• Establishes physical database parameters, calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by database.
• Specifies user access levels and identifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by them.
• Undertakes complex tasks of analyzing system problems, reviews data, functional requests and production problems and prepares specifications for its solution.
• Produces and maintains documentation and ensures quality assurance objectives are met.
• Provide expert assistance in setting up instances, tablespaces, tables and views.
• Develops and maintains database programming standards and naming conventions to ensure consistency.
• Oracle Portal, Discoverer Portal/Forms, IAS.
• Oracle database administration on servers for mission critical applications.
• Analysis and management of Oracle problems/defects using TARs and/or Metalink with Oracle Corp. and installation of patches.
• Installation and upgrades of multiple Oracle software products/versions for DBMS, server software and various tools software
• Java Technology (Java Development, Java APIs, JSP, Applets, Java Script, Java Beans and Enterprise Java Beans, Java Reports.
• XML Technology (Java XML Parsers, XML Query processing, XLST and style sheets)
• Development Tools such as jbuilder, jdeveloper, dreamweaver mx, Frontpage
• Familiarity working with SDLC methodology
Experience & Education Required
• Position requires a BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (directly applicable experience may substitute for the academic degree requirement).
• Minimum 4 years database administration experience. Thorough understanding of all database processes, utilities and functions associated with Oracle RDBMS. Extensive knowledge of Oracle 9iAS.
• Development, maintenance and documentation of procedures and standards for effective database software use.
• Minimum 4 years programming experience in languages such as PL*SQL, Unix-Shell. Oracle IAS-Discoverer, Oracle Portal.
• At least 3 years experience administering and maintaining an Oracle database in a Sun Solaris and Windows 2000 operating system environment.
• Experience with interfacing Internet technology (HTML, Java, XML, etc.) with Oracle database.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Experience with OLAP and Oracle Tools specifically, SQL*Loader, Oracle Express, Designer/2000, OFA.
• Migration of Oracle databases from previous versions
• Planning and execution of data migration from one platform to another
• Ability to install and manage multiple versions of Oracle in a common Unix environment.
• Analyzing, transforming, cleaning and loading data into very large (multiple terabytes) data warehouses.
• Management of technical tasks required to meet project goals.
• Development and tracking of technical project timelines.
• Experience and/or Skills Desired
• Oracle 9i Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
• MS SQL Server and Informix
• Redhat Linux Server
• Experience implementing high availability solutions using Oracle 9i running on Unix and Windows 2000
• Oracle Portal
• Executing data migration from Informix to Oracle.
• MBA in business or computer science
Other Required Characteristics
• Ability to work productively in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Self-starter, working independently to coordinate, organize and track tasks effectively, and meet project deadlines.
• Keep current on technology by identifying, reading and using technical manuals and other resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with staff of varying technical expertise.
• Ability to work nights and/or weekends in the event of database problems with potential mission impact.
• Commitment to quality and methodology standards.
• Train and answer user questions
Current Time: Sat Jul 22 13:50:28 CDT 2017
Total time taken to generate the page: 1.73531 seconds