Home » Other » Marketplace » Oracle 11i Database Administrator (Full Time/Philadelphia)
|Oracle 11i Database Administrator (Full Time/Philadelphia) [message #225881]
||Wed, 21 March 2007 16:45
Registered: March 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
In today’s converging world, we’re taking chances…reaching higher…stirring things up! We’re visionaries, entertainers, and leaders. We’re Comcast! Today, over 21 million customers can receive hundreds of channels, internet access and more from Comcast. And the technology continues to progress at a sometimes dizzying pace. We focus on products that encompass the latest networking and advanced applications for the connected home such as high speed internet and voice services.
With a strong commitment on a diverse and dynamic workforce, Comcast provides exceptional opportunities for both personal and professional growth, as well as a generous compensation package, which includes such benefits as medical, prescription, dental and vision insurances. A generous employer matched 401K savings plan, tuition reimbursement, and complimentary cable TV and high-speed internet services.
Please fill out the form below, or visit www.comcast.com/careers to be considered for this and other positions.
(41592BR)Oracle 11i Database Administrator providing technical support for enterprise implementations of 11i in a 24 x 7 production environment.
• DBA support of core Oracle 11i Financial modules
• Perform all forms of database monitoring, maintenance and administrative activities
• Oracle 11i application and database cloning
• Perform patch management and upgrades
• Change control management, capacity planning, risk management
• Install, configure, patch, and upgrade Oracle server software, applications software and related products
• Apply Oracle technology performance tuning techniques to optimize application performance
• Provide Oracle backup and recovery along with supporting standby databases
• Design, implement, and document detailed security policies
• Automate routine maintenance tasks as appropriate utilizing OEM, shell scripting and other techniques
• Research and evaluate new Oracle 11i features and third party tools and techniques
• Research and resolve complex technical issues, communicating clearly and effectively with vendors and other technical resources as necessary
• Identify opportunities for effectively satisfying business needs through automation, benchmarking and utilization of available technologies, use experience and analysis to develop creative and innovative solutions
• Provide on call coverage to support production database problem determination/resolution
• Must have minimum 3-5 years continuous, progressive experience as an Oracle 11i DBA supporting Oracle Financials and related modules
• Experience supporting Oracle 11i databases on Sun Solaris platform
• Experience with application and database patching and upgrades
• Experience with cloning installations, performance tuning and backups/recovery
• Strong experience with disk layout and capacity planning, migrations and upgrades
• Good knowledge of SOX compliance, experience with Security and auditing
• Knowledge of administration tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager or Quest products
• Must have experience with implementing disaster-recovery techniques, RMAN, implementing and maintaining high availability solutions
• Experience with supporting Oracle databases on a Linux platform a major plus
• Experience with clustered databases and Oracle RAC a major plus
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in Oracle 9i and/or Oracle 10g is preferred
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Must be able to work cohesively in a small, close-knit team environment
• Outstanding time management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills are required
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time, in a fast paced office environment handling multiple demands
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, professional, and a team player
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer.
|Re: Oracle 11i Database Administrator (Full Time/Philadelphia) [message #231034 is a reply to message #225881]
||Fri, 13 April 2007 13:48
Registered: April 2007
Hi There, |
I saw your requirement and was wondering if you could consider one of my employees on a contractual basis. His name is Vijay.
<Vijay's information removed per his request>
Please feel free to ping on me if you need any other information and I will be very happy to share the same with you.
Regional Manager - East Coast.
Fulcrum Logic Inc.
636| Morris Turnpike| Short Hills| NJ 07078
Phone| 973-379-3050 Ext. 300
Outsourcing | Application Development | Strategic Resourcing
[EDITED by LF]
[Updated on: Tue, 16 December 2008 15:58] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Current Time: Wed Dec 07 07:12:39 CST 2016
Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11341 seconds