Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » NOCOPY
NOCOPY [message #225146] Sun, 18 March 2007 08:13 Go to next message
getritesh

How to use NOCOPY hint in procedure parameters?

What is the use of it?
Please guide me
Re: NOCOPY [message #225148 is a reply to message #225146] Sun, 18 March 2007 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S.Rajaram
NOCOPY

Specify NOCOPY to instruct the database to pass this argument as fast as possible. This clause can significantly enhance performance when passing a large value like a record, an index-by table, or a varray to an OUT or IN OUT parameter. IN parameter values are always passed NOCOPY.

When you specify NOCOPY, assignments made to a package variable may show immediately in this parameter, or assignments made to this parameter may show immediately in a package variable, if the package variable is passed as the actual assignment corresponding to this parameter.

Similarly, changes made either to this parameter or to another parameter may be visible immediately through both names if the same variable is passed to both.

If the procedure is exited with an unhandled exception, then any assignment made to this parameter may be visible in the caller's variable.

These effects may or may not occur on any particular call. You should use NOCOPY only when these effects would not matter.

I got the above information from Oracle's Manual.

If you access to internet check the documentation in oracle's website.

Re: NOCOPY [message #225151 is a reply to message #225146] Sun, 18 March 2007 09:28 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Have a look at:

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/tuning.htm#i48500

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Procedure(Authid)
Next Topic: mutating trigger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 05:42:33 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11001 seconds