Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM...
Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221046] Fri, 23 February 2007 07:55 Go to next message
nuge007
Hi everyone,

I have not been able to restart the whole cluster after a power failure. I really appreciate if anyone provide me with the steps to start.

I have used gsdctl crsctl srvctl, but nothing works. I may not be following the right steps to start the RAC.

I tried to start the cluster, 2. listener, 3. ASM 4. Database.
I am not sure what to do!! I really appreciate your advice and mentoring on this challenge. Thanks, Terry
Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221059 is a reply to message #221046] Fri, 23 February 2007 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
All the steps are in documentation.
In brief,
check and start GSD in all nodes.
Then do an 'lsnodes' to see whether all the participating nodes are available.
then start the databases.
srvctl start database -d dbname

Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221062 is a reply to message #221046] Fri, 23 February 2007 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuge007
really appreciate your kindness to me and to everyone.

I must get the cluster up before the ASM and before the Database. That command will not work. The problem is that the cluster does not like a power failure. the system cannot communicate with the CRS daemon that's my problem. There must be some steps to follow because the cluster has to be first; then, the ASM instance that has to be started before the database.

Thank you so much, Terry
icon14.gif  Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221185 is a reply to message #221062] Sat, 24 February 2007 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanmoy7

Here is your answer::

Verifying the RAC Cluster / Database Configuration
After starting the Storage and Servers, wait for 10 minitues and execute the following RAC verification checks to be performed on all nodes to ensure that servers are in well condition in the cluster! For this article, I will only be performing checks from node1.

Login as “oracle” user (passward- oracle). Open a terminal and execute the following commands:
Status of all instances and services
$ srvctl status database -d orcl
Instance orcl1 is running on node node1
Instance orcl2 is running on node ndoe2

Status of a single instance
$ srvctl status instance -d orcl -i orcl2
Instance orcl2 is running on node node2

Status of a named service globally across the database
$ srvctl status service -d orcl -s orcltest
Service orcltest is running on instance(s) orcl2, orcl1
Status of node applications on a particular node
$ srvctl status nodeapps -n node1
VIP is running on node: node1
GSD is running on node: node1
Listener is running on node: node1
ONS daemon is running on node: node1
Status of an ASM instance
$ srvctl status asm -n node1
ASM instance +ASM1 is running on node node1.
List all configured databases
$ srvctl config database
orcl

Display configuration for our RAC database
$ srvctl config database -d orcl
node1 orcl1 /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1
node2 orcl2 /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1
Display all services for the specified cluster database
$ srvctl config service -d orcl
orcltest PREF: orcl2 orcl1 AVAIL:
Display the configuration for node applications - (VIP, GSD, ONS, Listener)
$ srvctl config nodeapps -n node1 -a -g -s -l
VIP exists.: /vip-linux1/192.168.101.5/255.255.255.0/eth0:eth1
GSD exists.
ONS daemon exists.
Listener exists.
Display the configuration for the ASM instance(s)
$ srvctl config asm -n node1
+ASM1 /u01/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1
With all of the work we have done up to this point, a popular question might be, "How do we start and stop services?". If you have followed the instructions in this article, all services should start automatically on each reboot of the Linux nodes. This would include CRS, all Oracle instances, Enterprise Manager Database Console, etc.
There are times, however, when you might want to shutdown a node and manually start it back up. Or you may find that Enterprise Manager is not running and need to start it. This section provides the commands (using SRVCTL) responsible for starting and stopping the cluster environment.
Ensure that you are logged in as the "oracle" UNIX user. I will be running all of the commands in this section from node1:
# su - oracle

$ hostname
node1

Stopping the Oracle10g RAC Environment
The first step is to stop the Oracle instance. Once the instance (and related services) is down, then bring down the ASM instance. Finally, shutdown the node applications (Virtual IP, GSD, TNS Listener, and ONS).
$ export ORACLE_SID=orcl1
$ lsnrctl stop
$ emctl stop dbconsole
$ srvctl stop instance -d orcl -i orcl1
$ srvctl stop asm -n node1
$ srvctl stop nodeapps -n node1

Starting the Oracle10g RAC Environment
The first step is to start the node applications (Virtual IP, GSD, TNS Listener, and ONS). Once the node applications are successfully started, then bring up the ASM instance. Finally, bring up the Oracle instance (and related services) and the Enterprise Manager Database console.
$ export ORACLE_SID=orcl1
$ lsnrctl start
$ srvctl start nodeapps -n node1
$ srvctl start asm -n node1
$ srvctl start instance -d orcl -i orcl1
$ emctl start dbconsole

Start / Stop All Instances with SRVCTL
Start / Stop all of the instances and its enabled services. I just included this for fun as a way to bring down all instances!
$ srvctl start database -d orcl

$ srvctl stop database -d orcl

thanks
Tanmoy
Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221378 is a reply to message #221185] Mon, 26 February 2007 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nuge007
Tanmoy,

I really appreciate your answer, but as I mentioned the system is not running. The system was not rebooted graciously; it was shutdown as a single instance; The 2 servers were shutdown no in the right way for a RAC.

I tried to enable the crs;
then in CRS_HOME/bin/ ./crsctl start crs
It did not start the cluster

When I checked ./crs_stat -t
CRS-0184: Cannot communicate with the CRS daemon.

./crsctl check crs -it
Failure 1 contacting CSS daemon
Cannot communicate with CRS
Cannot communicate with EVM
_____
The listener started and completed successfully

$ srvctl start nodeapps -n orcl1
PRKH-1010 : Unable to communicate with CRS services.
[OCR Error(Native: prsr_initCLSS:[21])]

The CRS does not want to start!!! Thanks, Terry

Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221467 is a reply to message #221378] Mon, 26 February 2007 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tanmoy7

First check the clusterware(crs) is properly installed by:

>> /u01/app/oracle/product/crs/bin/olsnodes –n

the output look like this:

node1 1
node2 2

then check the listener is properly running
$ hostname
node1

$ ps -ef | grep lsnr | grep -v 'grep' | grep -v 'ocfs' | awk '{print $9}'
LISTENER_NODE1

=====================

$ hostname
node2

$ ps -ef | grep lsnr | grep -v 'grep' | grep -v 'ocfs' | awk '{print $9}'
LISTENER_NODE2

if listener is not properly running then first stop both the listener first, then delete the both listener from both nodes, then again create by executing netca command

Hope it will work after checking all this
bye

Tanmoy
e-mail: tanmoy7@yahoo.com
shafiul@leads-bd.com

Re: Plz assist me with the steps to start RAC 2 nodes 10gR2 on Linux with ASM... [message #221886 is a reply to message #221467] Wed, 28 February 2007 15:29 Go to previous message
nuge007
tanmoy,

Would you please look at this url. I have to reinstall the RAC, but I have another with the archive_log and the ASM +FRA1..+FRA4

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=480426&tstart=0

Thanks,

Terry
Previous Topic: Failure 1 checking the CSS voting disk 'raw2'
Next Topic: RAC troubleshooting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:35:21 CDT 2024