Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » 3 questions
3 questions [message #219269] Tue, 13 February 2007 14:11 Go to next message
IT Guru
You use this statement to retrieve data from a database table for _______________. (Choose all that apply)

A. updating
B. viewing
C. deleting
D. inserting
E. truncating

----------------------------------------------------------------

157. The STUDENT_GRADES table has these columns
STUDENT_ID NUMBER (12)
SEMESTER_END DATE
GPA NUMBER (4, 3)

The registrar has asked for a report on the average grade point average (GPA) for students enrolled during semesters that end in the year 2000. Which statement accomplishes this?

A. SELECT AVERAGE(gpa) FROM student_grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000'
B. SELECT COUNT (gpa) FROM student grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000'
C. SELECT MID (gpa) FROM student_grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000' D. SELECT AVG (gpa) FROM student_grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000'
D. SELECT SUM (gpa) FROM student_grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000'
E. SELECT MEDIAN (gpa) FROM student_grades WHERE semester_end > '01-JAN-2000' and semester end < '31-DEC-2000'

-------------------------------------------------------
44. Which two statements complete a transaction? (Choose two.)

A. DELETE employees;
B. DESCRIBE employees;
C. ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT C;
D. GRANT SELECT ON employees TO SCOTT;
E. ALTER TABLE employees SET UNUSED COLUMN sal;
F. SELECT MAX(sal) FROM employees WHERE department_id = 20;
Re: 3 questions [message #219276 is a reply to message #219269] Tue, 13 February 2007 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill B
We will help users if they try, what are your answers and what is your reasoning for them. We will NOT do your homework for you. It is a disservice to you and your instructor.
Re: 3 questions [message #219295 is a reply to message #219269] Tue, 13 February 2007 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
@ITGURU,
You must try it and I am sure you can do it!
Ashu
Re: 3 questions [message #219454 is a reply to message #219269] Wed, 14 February 2007 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
Not much of a guru if you are asking these questions
Re: 3 questions [message #219531 is a reply to message #219269] Wed, 14 February 2007 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT Guru
Last nitgh was working till late, so in little time I just copy paste q. which I wanted to ask... had no idea that some one may assume that I am try to get my home work done here... any way

--------------------------------------------------------

[ I belive only VIEWING will come but in dumps found many people also select INSERTING with viewing.]

You use this statement to retrieve data from a database table for _______________. (Choose all that apply)

A. updating
B. viewing
C. deleting
D. inserting
E. truncating

----------------------------------------------------------------

[ I feel corect answers are B D F, but q. ask for selecting only 2 ]
[ LIKE is single query oprator, if multiplue row return more then one values it give error]

14. Which two statements about Subqueries are true? (Choose two.)

A. A single row subquery can retrieve data from only one table.
B. A SQL query statement cannot display data from table B that is referred to in its subquery, unless table B is included in the main query's FROM clause.
C. A SQL query statement can display data from table B that is referred to in its subquery, without including table B in its own FROM clause.
D. A single row subquery can retrieve data from more than one table.
E. A single row subquery cannot be used in a condition where the LIKE operator is used for comparison.
F. A multiple-row subquery cannot be used in a condition where the LIKE operator is used for comparison.

-------------------------------------------------------
[ I think E alter table is only DDL command which implictly does commit]

[EVEN after ROLLBACK to save point C, there is chances that I may roll back to save point B or give ROLL BACK / COMMIT so does not seems complete transaction.]

44. Which two statements complete a transaction? (Choose two.)

A. DELETE employees;
B. DESCRIBE employees;
C. ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT C;
D. GRANT SELECT ON employees TO SCOTT;
E. ALTER TABLE employees SET UNUSED COLUMN sal;
F. SELECT MAX(sal) FROM employees WHERE department_id = 20;

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR VALUEABLE OPIONS IF POSSIBLE WITH EXPLANATION THANKS YOU
Re: 3 questions [message #219574 is a reply to message #219531] Thu, 15 February 2007 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Maybe I just read it wrong, but isn't there a line missing from the first question? What does 'this statement' refer to??

About q2-F: what if you use IN? Then a multiple row subquery would be valid.

q3: Easy to test. Grant also ends a transaction.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2007 00:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 3 questions [message #219658 is a reply to message #219574] Thu, 15 February 2007 05:42 Go to previous message
IT Guru
Frank wrote on Thu, 15 February 2007 00:42
Maybe I just read it wrong, but isn't there a line missing from the first question? What does 'this statement' refer to??

About q2-F: what if you use IN? Then a multiple row subquery would be valid.

q3: Easy to test. Grant also ends a transaction.

Q2 cant change option so cant add IN
[PS even with IN does not work gives error, logically correct but not working !]

Q3 ya grant does implicit commit

[Updated on: Thu, 15 February 2007 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: sum up columns
Next Topic: Drop object type that is marked for delete
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 22:46:14 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10414 seconds