Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » pl/sql
pl/sql [message #1892] Fri, 07 June 2002 21:05 Go to next message
Raydba
ok, here goes.

I am just beginning to learn oracle.
I understand the sql thing
and i also understand that pl/sql gives us the ability to send sql statements in blocks, and that procedures and functions get stored in compiled form but, here is my question.

how does pl/sql interact with the other programming languages, for instance if I wanted to develope an application that accepted new users or clients but wanted the code like, checking for valid password, or last logged on, to be contained in pl/sql and then passed back to the app is this the way to do this or am i confused?, this way my application code stays the same and doesn't need to be updated.
Re: pl/sql [message #1894 is a reply to message #1892] Sat, 08 June 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amit Chauhan
Hi,
As a simple example, you can call stored procedures in database from java using jdbc driver. You will need to user java.sql.CallableStatement class to call the stored procedure.
I hope thats just a pointer and you can explore more on it.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
Amit
Re: pl/sql [message #1899 is a reply to message #1892] Sun, 09 June 2002 09:34 Go to previous message
Raydba
Thanks alot, so, I guess it would be a good idea to learn java also. I am in process of changing careers
and I am willinng to do whatever it takes. Only thing is, I am not exposed to the market. I do not understand the areas that are most available for employment opportunities. I do not want to be a network administrator, as I feel this market is overflowed. So I guess it's oracle, sun micro, java and unix. Is that a good combo?
Previous Topic: decrease 20% for the highest salary paid in every dept.
Next Topic: Join Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:19:22 CDT 2024