|Please help me find answers to the Qns.. TIA [message #216648]
||Mon, 29 January 2007 17:05
Registered: January 2007
Hello All... |
One of my colleague is preparing for an exam and asked my assistance to find answers for below Qns.. Me being an ERP Programmer do not have much knowledge on DB side.
Hope, I would get help in finding answers here .. TIA
1) Mark all that can give you information regarding the control file -
2) What happens when one is multiplexing the control file, right after making a copy of the existing control file to a different device using operating system commands and before starting up the database?
A) Shut down the database.
B) Start up the database in MOUNT mode.
C) Start the NT Services.
D) Check the ALERT log.
E) Edit the CONTROL_FILES parameter and specify full paths and names for the control files.
3) An online redo log group -
A) Has members that are all different from each other.
B) Is a set of identical copies.
C) Should have its members all on the same disk.
D) Is written to by the DBWR.
E) Is part of the SGA.
4) Mark all that are true for checkpoints -
A) They occur at every log switch.
B) They occur with a SHUTDOWN ABORT.
C) They only involve the LGWR.
D) They can be force by setting the LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL
E) They are a wasted of time.
5) Which of the following can tell you whether or not you are in Archive Log Mode?
6) If you want to find out the status of a member of an redo log file group, use the view -
7) Use the following command to force log switches -
A) ALTER SYSTEM SWITCH LOGFILE;
B) ALTER SESSION SWITCH LOGFILE;
C) ALTER DATABASE SWITCH LOGFILE;
D) UPDATE LOGFILE SWITCH;
(VIII) Use the following tool in the OEM to multiplex online redo log groups -
A) The Instance Manager
B) The Schema Manager
C) The Data Manager
D) The Oracle Expert
E) The Backup Manager
9) In relocating online redo log files, what is the first step just prior to copying the online redo log files to a new location?
A) Startup the database in NOMOUNT mode.
B) Stop the NT services.
C) Execute the ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE command.
D) Shut down the database.
E) Open the database.
10) What will happen if all members of the next group of online redo log files is not available at the time a log switch occurs?
A) The instance shuts down.
B) The LGWR ignores the error and looks for a group beyond that group.
C) The current log group will be dropped.
D) The DBA will need to force a log switch.
E) The archiver will come online.