Home » Server Options » Data Guard » Skip Tables
Skip Tables [message #216374] Fri, 26 January 2007 18:12 Go to next message
In my Logical configuration, bunch of tables has been skipped by exec dbms_logstdby.skip and bunch of them by DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP_ERROR, what is the difference??

How do I check which tables are skipped??

I checked the view DBA_LOGSTDBY_SKIP, very interesting, it has name of all schema and in name it has wild card %..

Please help.

Toshi Das
Re: Skip Tables [message #216421 is a reply to message #216374] Sat, 27 January 2007 09:13 Go to previous message
This procedure can be used to skip a transaction that has failed and, as a result, caused logical apply to stop.

By default, all SQL statements executed on a primary database are applied to a logical standby database. If only a subset of activity on a primary database is of interest for replication, use the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP procedure to define filters that prevent the application of SQL statements on the logical standby database.

Lists the DML and DDL that is to be skipped. This view reflects the options chosen by the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP and the DBMS_LOGSTDBY.SKIP_ERROR procedures. The DBA_LOGSTDBY_SKIP view does not list tables.
Previous Topic: Alter tablespace with dataguard
Next Topic: Error in sending logs to standby
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 27 20:35:45 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.21858 seconds