Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » can any one help in this it is very urgent..
can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215471] Mon, 22 January 2007 07:30 Go to next message
seenujanu

Hai Friends

can any one help in this it is very urgent..

i had a entry table

entryid subentryid entry_name order_no

1 1 mouse 1
1 2 keypad 2
1 3 motherboard 3
1 4 chip 4

The problem is i wnat to update the subentryid ( 2) to order_no (1) and subentryid of value(1) to order_no of value(2)

Based on the 2nd record i want to get the value of entry_name of (mouse) and entryid and subentryid into some variables

can any one give suggestions abt this wiht some example

Thanks in advance

Regards

Seenu
Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215510 is a reply to message #215471] Mon, 22 January 2007 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivnp

Is this a problem with SQL or PLSQL ?

Do you want to take values from row with subentryid 2 and put them in row with subentry id 1 ?

Or do you want transpose values among these rows ?

After getting values into variables what are you planning to do with it ?

How should your final output look like for this input data ?

What is the version of oracle ?

Srini
Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215517 is a reply to message #215471] Mon, 22 January 2007 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
seenujanu wrote on Mon, 22 January 2007 08:30

Hai Friends

can any one help in this it is very urgent..

Can you meet my hourly fee of $90 per hour?
Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215562 is a reply to message #215517] Mon, 22 January 2007 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seenujanu

Hai friend,

this is in plsql

i want to transpose values among these rows of the column of entry_name using the id's

Design of the form using the plsql catridges

in that form i had uparrow and downarrow when i click on that the records has to interchange the values of entry_name.

the column of the fields

1 1 mouse 1
1 2 keypad 2
1 3 motherboard 3
1 4 chip 4

Regards
Seenu
Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215679 is a reply to message #215562] Tue, 23 January 2007 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
sreenu if you want to chage the values then why are you not using the update statement? if there is anything else then please explain then problem, then i will write an pl/sql?

Ashu
can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215790 is a reply to message #215471] Tue, 23 January 2007 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seenujanu
Hi Friends,

The problem is

i want to transpose the values of entry_name
Designing of the form using the plsql catridges in that i had uparrow and downarrow buttons
when i click on the uparrow the records has to interchange the values of entry_name.

i got the ids of entryid and subentryid of 2nd record through this i wlll get the entry_name

so i have to get the id of entryid and subentryid of 1st record into some variables through this i can transpose the values of the entry_name of 1st record to 2nd record .

can any one give suggestions abt this with some example

Thanks in advance

Regards

Seenu

Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215847 is a reply to message #215517] Wed, 24 January 2007 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sambaponnekanti

Hisreenu

If you want to chage the values into variables using cursor
in that cursor block u can easly update which column u want.
if there is anything else then please explain then problem, then i will write an pl/sql?

Bye
Samba

Re: can any one help in this it is very urgent.. [message #215888 is a reply to message #215471] Wed, 24 January 2007 03:20 Go to previous message
seenujanu
Hi Friends,

The problem is
These is designing the form using the plsql catridges in that i had uparrow and downarrow buttons
i want to transpose the values of entry_name in that i had uparrow and downarrow buttons
when i click on the uparrow the records has to interchange the values of entry_name.

i got the ids of entryid and subentryid of 2nd record through this i wlll get the entry_name of value ( b ) as to interchange or transpose to 1st record of entery_name ( b )
i have attached the image
Action Entry_name

the table looks like this

1 1 mouse 1
1 2 keypad 2
1 3 motherboard 3
1 4 chip 4
can any one give suggestions abt this with some example

Thanks in advance

Regards

Seenu