Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » START command in SQL*PLUS with pathname ?
START command in SQL*PLUS with pathname ? [message #21308] Thu, 25 July 2002 09:44 Go to next message
vincent
It is well known that one can pass operating system variables to sqlplus using this syntax:
sqlplus username/password @cmdfile.sql var1 var2 var3

But how to proceed if cmdfile.sql is not located, for example in D:oracleora81bin
How to specify a particular path - path that is variable in my case...
i tried something like:
sqlplus username/password @C:Program Filesappliutilscmdfile.sql var1 var2 var3 but it is not working at all.
thanks for "expert" help.
Re: START command in SQL*PLUS with pathname ? [message #21309 is a reply to message #21308] Thu, 25 July 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
From the DOS command line I can't get it to work, but from within SQLplus I can:
start "C:Program Filesappliutilscmdfile.sql" var1 var2 var3
@"C:Program Filesappliutilscmdfile.sql" var1 var2 var3

Try creating an environment variable called SQL_PATH and including the subdirectories you want in that. I know that works fine on Unix.
Re: START command in SQL*PLUS with pathname ? [message #21315 is a reply to message #21308] Thu, 25 July 2002 21:09 Go to previous message
Saga

Well, the best solution I can think of is create a shortcut on ur desktop. point its startin directory to some directory like c:documenttestscripts.

put all ur scripts here. and u r done.

u only need to give the script name to run it after connecting to ur schema.
@testscript
start testscript

the solution is for windows o/s
Previous Topic: COPY command in SQL giving some error
Next Topic: Problem on Sql Query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:00:41 CDT 2024