Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » PLS-00123: program too large
PLS-00123: program too large [message #214462] Tue, 16 January 2007 09:25 Go to next message

I am compiling a PL/SQL code that has arround 3000 line of Code with Insert comands.

When I add a new insert line i get the PLS-00123: program too large error.

I want to use this very script and can not afford to create a new one since we have used arrays that have values stored and are being used as arguments in insert lines.

Can any one suggest what needs to be done.

Thanx ,
Re: PLS-00123: program too large [message #214491 is a reply to message #214462] Tue, 16 January 2007 13:34 Go to previous message
Account Moderator
This is what Oracle suggests:
PLS-00123: program too large

Cause: PL/SQL was designed primarily for robust transaction processing. One consequence of the special-purpose design is that the PL/SQL compiler imposes a limit on block size. The limit depends on the mix of statements in the PL/SQL block. Blocks that exceed the limit cause this error.

Action: The best solution is to modularize the program by defining subprograms, which can be stored in an Oracle database. Another solution is to break the program into two sub-blocks. Have the first block INSERT any data the second block needs into a temporary database table. Then, have the second block SELECT the data from the table.

Previous Topic: Java TABLE function in Oracle
Next Topic: How to Execute an external Java program from PL/SQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 21 12:37:45 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10521 seconds