Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » anybody help me urgent
anybody help me urgent [message #21261] Sun, 21 July 2002 20:56 Go to next message
shastri
Hi,
I have 500 records in my table which should be updated and imageid is the primary key in my table.Based on the Imageid I will enter the values.
First user will log in .When the user log in his id,password,time and date and the type of work he is doing(editing,indexing etc) is updated in the database in another table.once the user log in first fifty records should be alloted to him based on time.Once he log in 50 records should be locked.The next user log in then the next fifty records should be alloted for him and so on.Once the user log out and he is able to insert only 35 records during the specified time for him,then the lock should be released and the remaining 15 records should be counted in the next sequence when another user log in.
This is the concept.
Based on this a query should be written.Is it possible in a single sqlstatement or in a pl/sql block.
If so please send me the code immediately.
thanx
Re: anybody help me urgent [message #21270 is a reply to message #21261] Mon, 22 July 2002 17:16 Go to previous message
sn008
Can you summarize the sequence of events in steps..Your statement is confusing..
I believe you are talking about monitoring database user activity while logged onto the database such as action, logon time/date and you like to limit only 50 such commands/records per user.
Elaborate clearly in steps..thx.
Previous Topic: URGENT- can I add a column to a table which is part of another column?
Next Topic: Scheduling of procedures
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:36:03 CDT 2024