Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » ...Verify this Answer...
icon4.gif  ...Verify this Answer... [message #212805] Mon, 08 January 2007 07:40 Go to next message
naga1709

Question Which two are attributes of /SQL*Plus? (Choose two)
A. /SQL*Plus commands cannot be abbreviated.
B. /SQL*Plus commands are accesses from a browser.
C. /SQL*Plus commands are used to manipulate data in tables.
D. /SQL*Plus commands manipulate table definitions in the database.
E. /SQL*Plus is the Oracle proprietary interface for executing SQL statements.

Ans.. B,E According to me

Re: ...Verify this Answer... [message #212808 is a reply to message #212805] Mon, 08 January 2007 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'd say you are right. Although, we are talking about iSQL*Plus over a web browser.
Re: ...Verify this Answer... [message #212831 is a reply to message #212808] Mon, 08 January 2007 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naga1709
Shocked how about a brief xplanation...

wat i presume is
in sql* plus i dont think dere r any ddl r dml commands

so manipulation of tables r data is out of scope..

first option is ruled out as dey can b abbreviated

so left with remaining 2...
Re: ...Verify this Answer... [message #212833 is a reply to message #212831] Mon, 08 January 2007 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Quote:
in sql* plus i dont think dere r any ddl r dml commands

so manipulation of tables r data is out of scope..

Interesting. So if there are no DDL or DML commands that you can use in SQL*Plus, why would you use it?
(Hint - your statement is wrong in the same way that mountains are 'quite big')

Ps - there's a Sticky post at the top of the forum about posting etiquette and the use of Txt speak - do us a favour and read it.
Re: ...Verify this Answer... [message #212849 is a reply to message #212805] Mon, 08 January 2007 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Giraffe
SQL*Plus commands cannot manipulate data or table definitions, those would be SQL commands issued through the SQL*Plus interface.

Brief explanation:
a) I don't think there are any SQL*Plus commands that can't be abbreviated. I certainly can't think of any off the top of my head.
b) iSQL*Plus gives you a web-based interface for executing SQL*Plus commands (as well as issuing SQL queries).
c,d) Note the distinction between a SQL*Plus command and a command that can be issued in SQL*Plus.
e) I'm not sure how to give an explanation of this one... it is a proprietary interface for executing SQL statements from Oracle.
Re: ...Verify this Answer... [message #213005 is a reply to message #212849] Tue, 09 January 2007 01:59 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Hmmm. I suppose that's a fair point as most SQL*Plus commands just affect SQL*Plus.
On the other hand, there are commands like 'SET AUTOCOMMIT' - while it isn't an explicit SQL statement in itself, it will cause DML statements to be issued on your behalf.

Thoughts:
a) The SET commant can't be abreviated, and some of the SET options (such as FLAGGER) can't be either.
e) It's certainly A proprietry interface - as there are other versions of SQL*Plus that don't run in browsers, and SQL Developer, I'd have a hard time justifying saying it was THE proprietry interface
Previous Topic: Nested Table And UTL_FILE ??
Next Topic: Select Command doubt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 03 12:01:49 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07757 seconds