Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » BR100 documents and MD 50 document
BR100 documents and MD 50 document [message #212464] Fri, 05 January 2007 08:06 Go to next message
kotamurthy

Hi friends,

I am murthy from hyderabad would you please explain what is meant by BR100 documets and MD 50 document. how to prapare BR100 ducuments for GL,AP modules. How to design MD50 documents for the new custom solution. I am waiting for reply.

Yours
murthy

Re: BR100 documents and MD 50 document [message #212484 is a reply to message #212464] Fri, 05 January 2007 09:18 Go to previous message
David.K.Dickson
kotamurthy wrote on Fri, 05 January 2007 14:06
would you please explain what is meant by BR100 documets and MD 50 document. how to prapare BR100 ducuments for GL,AP modules. How to design MD50 documents for the new custom solution.

These two documents are part of AIM, which is Oracle Consulting's Application Implementation Method, which is a collection of templates for Word and Excel, to help document and manage the implementation. If you are employed by an Oracle Partner, you can download AIM 3.1 from http://www.oracle.com/partners/develop/implementation/global/aimfoundation.html. If you are not an Oracle Partner, please do not ask the members of this forum to send you a copy because AIM is not freeware or shareware; it is chargeable.

The BR100 is the Application Setup document and describes each item of the setup and how (and perhaps why) your organisation is using it. The last BR100 for GL that I saw had 28 steps and ran to 60 pages. The one for Payables ran to over 100 pages. I am afraid that I am not allowed to send you a copy, as it is proprietary client confidential information. However, maybe another forum member will be able to send you a copy.

The MD050 is the Funtional Design document for an interface or a custom program or report. It describes the functions that it will perform together with input and output. The MD070 is the Technical Design document which describes the same item from a technical perspective, with program logic and record layouts, etc. An MD050 and an MD070 are normally produced for each item of customisation, or where there was a gap identified in the Gap Analysis. Again, I am afraid that I am not allowed to send you a copy, as it is proprietary client confidential information. However, maybe another forum member will be able to send you a copy.

Cool HTH

David
Previous Topic: Migration
Next Topic: User standard operating procedure document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:00:28 CDT 2024