Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » materialized views log creation
materialized views log creation [message #210600] Thu, 21 December 2006 08:28 Go to next message
I have a view combination of five tables,+ in A schema and i want to create Mview in the B schema in fast refersh mode for that
how i create a log? can i creating a log for view in A schema or for tables involved in that view. and how many logs i want to create ? please any one help me in this!!!
Re: materialized views log creation [message #210701 is a reply to message #210600] Thu, 21 December 2006 20:01 Go to previous message
Creating a FAST REFRESH MV is not a simple process. I could tell you the answer to your question, but I guarantee you will have another question in a few minutes time. This will probably go on for a while.

Instead, you should read the documentation on MVs in the Advanced Replication manual and the Data Warehousing manual.

Quite simply, you need to understand Fast Refresh MVs very well if you are going to implement one. Because when they go wrong - and they will - you will be better positioned to find the problem and fix it.

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: truncate data after 10 digits
Next Topic: SQL query help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 26 20:06:45 CDT 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11692 seconds