Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Transaction log
Transaction log [message #210583] Thu, 21 December 2006 07:20 Go to next message
adityajain1980
I have to insert data from one set of tables( 18-20) to corresponding table of another user.So for data migration should i create my own log record for every insert transaction or can i use lof of ORACLE itself.If yes plz tell which tables to use.
Does it advisable to open, write and then close files time and again to record transactions results or is it better to use oracle log records??plz clarify..
Re: Transaction log [message #210683 is a reply to message #210583] Thu, 21 December 2006 14:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do those users see each other (either in the same database or through a database link)? If so, you could directly insert data from first schema to another. Error logging could be done directly (using LOG ERRORS INTO if your database version supports it), or create your own logic (using a PL/SQL block with exception handler).

Otherwise, do an export of those tables from first schema and import it into second one. Import offers a LOG file which will tell you what happened during import session.
Previous Topic: Haywire Indexes
Next Topic: truncate data after 10 digits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 03:52:21 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16861 seconds