Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » migrate wrapped package
migrate wrapped package [message #210394] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:35 Go to next message
sandudana
Hello everybody,

On a 9i Oracle database we have a package developed by an external supplier and the package body is wrapped.

We recently migrated our database to Oracle 10g R2. We can create the package specification but cannot create the body.
We tried to migrate the package using import-export : the specification is OK, the body remains invalid.

How can I migrate this package?

Thank you all very much for your help.
Daniela S.
Re: migrate wrapped package [message #210397 is a reply to message #210394] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
If all the dependent objects are fine, it should compile good.
But since the package is wrapped you cannot see the code and do a proper diagnosis.
Did the 'external supplier' give any kind of documentation? Else you need to take case to the Vendor.

Re: migrate wrapped package [message #210399 is a reply to message #210397] Wed, 20 December 2006 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandudana
Thank you for your answer!

We have no documentation from the vendor.

I contacted them today and received from them a few minutes ago a script that spools the package body into 2 files: .pls and .plb.
They assured me that by launching the .pls and .plb into the new database/schema the package will be re-created even if wrapped.

I have just finished testing their script. When I launched the .plb file I received an error: ' PLS_00753 malformed or corrupted wrapped unit'.

Daniela S.
Re: migrate wrapped package [message #210401 is a reply to message #210399] Wed, 20 December 2006 11:01 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
It is the vendor's case now.
You cannot see the code. How are you supposed to fix the error?
>>PLS_00753 malformed or corrupted wrapped unit'
That rings me somehting.
May be plb is corrupt ( copying between unix & windows )?
or
The plb was not wrapped with the same utility you are using.
PLB may be wrapped using other versions of WRAP utility or
using third party tools like TOAD.

Previous Topic: Top 1
Next Topic: insert into nested table from subquery
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Dec 08 00:40:52 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10407 seconds