Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Create User problem
icon13.gif  Create User problem [message #209933] Mon, 18 December 2006 09:52 Go to next message
grantpt27
Hi,

I am trying to create a user that has execute rights on a package and select access on a handfull of tables. The database is Oracle 9.2.

I tried to achieve the above using the Oracle enterprise maanager.

I chose them username/password, chose default tablespace and temp tablespace. Gave them the CONNECT role, no system privileges and I gave them the rights mentioned above under the Object tab. I also ticked the Grant Option for each object.

When I hit apply the message said that the user had been created successfully. I can login to SQL+ with no problems using my new username/password.

The problem comes when I try and write a simple select on any of the tables I granted access too. I simply get a 'table does not exist' error.

Does anyone know where I have gone wrong?
Re: Create User problem [message #209936 is a reply to message #209933] Mon, 18 December 2006 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
Have you remembered to reference the tables with the name of the schema that owns them - eg SCOTT.EMP rather than EMP?
Re: Create User problem [message #210055 is a reply to message #209933] Tue, 19 December 2006 02:49 Go to previous message
grantpt27
At first i thought you meant in my 'GRANT SELECT' code but I tried it in my SELECT code and it works a treat.

Thank you very much.
Previous Topic: Diff b/w two dates
Next Topic: regarding the script plz help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 10 22:28:37 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07555 seconds