Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Need cyrillic output with commandline tool sqlplus on linux
Need cyrillic output with commandline tool sqlplus on linux [message #209529] Fri, 15 December 2006 06:35 Go to next message
schingeldi
Hi,

we have a database (oracle 10g) in which is a product table. This product table contains all products of all countries we are in. Those product names are in latin, cyrillic and other charsets. If I query a dataset at the sql-Developer, the product name is displayed properly, but I need it to work on the commandline client "sqlplus". In "sqlplus" I only get ?????????? instead of the product name. I played a little bit with the configuration of the NLS_LANG variable, but without success. I managed to get something like "¦ ॢ" or " " instead of the ????????, but no real cyrillic output.

How can I get it? How can I figure out, how it is coded in the database? I really don't know much about charsets, especially in databases, so I'd be very glad if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 December 2006 06:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need cyrillic output with commandline tool sqlplus on linux [message #209616 is a reply to message #209529] Fri, 15 December 2006 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dba_blr
schingeldi wrote on Fri, 15 December 2006 18:05
Hi,

I played a little bit with the configuration of the NLS_LANG variable, but without success.

Can you please mention what did you do with NLS_LANG environment variable? The DOS mode command prompt may not be supporting the characters.

Are you able to see proper characters in SQLPLUS windows mode?

You may follow this link and gather some info. on this

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/3493691
Re: Need cyrillic output with commandline tool sqlplus on linux [message #210595 is a reply to message #209616] Thu, 21 December 2006 08:04 Go to previous message
schingeldi
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I'm using linux and have no possiblity to use sqlplus window mode.

When Using the Oracle SQL Developer, the letters are diplayed correct.

Playing around with the NLS_LANG-variable means, that I tried different combinations of LANGUAGE and CHARSET. But I still don't get any cyrillic output.

Thanks for more answers
Previous Topic: Help with shortening code
Next Topic: Argh, some help please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 09 19:15:43 CST 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.09689 seconds